Chapter 54: Me and You Bambina

A/n- I lied I posted chapter 54 about 2 hours after I posted 50-53 make sure you reads those first before reading this one
————————————-
Lucky's pov

Athena shut's her eyes Enzo checks her pulse "It's weak but it's there" He tells me. Leo sped up going into the hospital parking lot. Enzo is the first one out the car Bianca rushes outside with a gurney.

I still hold Athena in my arms, putting her on it. "Lucky you have to let go of her, we can't save her like that" Bianca says. "I promise you I'll be there from the start till you come back into the room." I think about it again before I let go of her hand.

I let her go again

Enzo wipes his face going into his office while Bianca rushes Athena into the OR starting to prep surgery. The prep for surgery takes about half an hour; it gives Enzo enough time to take a shower and prep himself. "Lucky I have to stitch your arm" Rory sat next to me holding where the blood is running down my arm.

I nod and she cleans my arm applying numbing cream before putting the needle in my arm. She does about 5 stitches before wrapping my arm up. "I can take you to the room she will be placed in. They have a shower and a bed there it's more comfortable than being out here in the waiting room" She tells us I look at Leo who doesn't care

"Yeah you can take us to the room she'll be in" Adriano says we follow her to a more secluded part of the hospital going into the private room that is made for Athena.

I take a quick shower in the small bathroom wearing clothes Santo bought for me.

She's been in Surgery for hours. After about nine hours they bring her sleeping body in. "She'll be alright. We have people watching over her 24/7. No doubt you'll be here too. When she's sleeping the door will be locked; only people with a key will be able to open it. They're bringing another bed in here just in case you want it. Get rest Lucky you need it" Enzo says

"Thank you for saving her"

Rory and a few other nurses bring her in hooked to an IV along with a heart monitor. "She's doing great. She is stable if anything goes wrong there are people watching over her and will make sure they bring her back into a stable state. Are you okay?" Rory asks, looking at a sleeping Adriano and Leo.

"I'm more fine I have Athena back besides a sore body I'm perfect"

"Let me know if you need anything I can change my time to work night shift"

"No it's alright Rory go home Santo is waiting for you and you've already done a straight 48."

"Alright I'll see you tomorrow Lucky"

I smile at her as she leaves the room. I hold Athena's hand resting my head on the bed. "Only way you're leaving now is if you decide to. It's all your choice my love" I place a kiss on her hand.

Closing my eyes I fall asleep holding onto my love for the first time in 2 years.

"Leave him alone Adri, he just got her back" I hear Mia's voice say. I turn my head, opening my eyes, seeing them in a new set of clothes. "What time is it?" I yawn while sitting up.

Mia looks at her phone "It's 3:30 in the afternoon. She hasn't woken up yet either. Enzo just came and put her on a stronger IV to try and flush the drugs out of her system."

"There are clothes for you in the bathroom, take a shower we'll be here don't worry Lucky" I stand up stretching feeling the pain in my arm. I forgot I had stitches on it. Going into the bathroom I look at myself in the mirror.

I look like shit.

I let the water hit my skin blood going down the drain. I remind myself time and time again that it's not mine that I am okay. Athena is okay. Everyone is okay. No one got hurt, everyone is alive and well.

I like to think none of us got hurt because our angles were protecting us. Of course we can't see them but they were there. I step out of the shower quickly drying myself putting on the clothes Mia and Adriano brought me. They sit on the side of her bed Mia's head on Adriano's shoulder.

"Do you think she's still mad at us?" Mia asks, looking at her best friend with hope in her eyes. "I don't think she's mad at us, I'm more mad at myself. I knew something wasn't right and we still stood 2 years without knowing she was alive" Adriano says drinking water.

I had that feeling too. I kept pushing it to the side because I thought it was just pain. I thought I was going through so much pain that I had to push it to the side to heal. I would have never healed not with the loss of Athena. She is the only person I will give my heart to.

She is the only person who could make me smile so hard that my face hurts. She is the only person who makes me feel complete. My phone starts to ring. I look at the caller i.d see the house phone calling me. I answer it by hearing Luciano telling Giovanni to shush. "What's wrong boys?" I tell them hearing the line go quiet. I know it's still there.

"Daddy you answered! Are you coming home?!" Luciano says with hope in his voice. Our situation may not be ideal but we'll be complete again. "I will be home soon I just have to bring someone with me" They both groan. I hear the phone drop and yelling on the other line between the two of them.

Arguing once again

"If you both keep arguing you'll be in trouble when I get home"

"Sorry daddy" They both say

"Alright boys i'll call you guys later I love you both"

"We love you more daddy"

I hang up my phone, putting it on the table holding Athena's hand. She is still sound asleep Enzo comes in running a few tests on vitals and changing her IV bag. Whatever is in there is strong enough to make her sleep this long. "Don't worry i'm not killing her it's flushing her system out faster" Enzo laughs reading my mind. I haven't heard her voice or seen her eyes since she passed out in the car.

That was over 24 hours ago

She's safe right now. That's all that matters, it's the only thing that matters. If I had to die right now to keep her safe I would. "Do you want anything to eat?" Adriano asks, standing up with Mia. I shake my head no they tell me to call them if I need anything.

It's me and you bambina were alone again

The only difference this time is I don't have to go home alone

---------------

Hey guys

I ended up posting this chapter not to stress myself out and because I couldn't wait. Gosh I can't wait to post chapter 55. I have prom on Friday and chapter 55 goes up the day before so updates will probably be every other day just because of everything going on.

I have graduation coming up too it's scary but exciting   I asked around my school and I'll be the first author to ever graduate being an author in my school. That's crazy.

It's also been over a year since I started writing. It was June 6th at 12:18 am so happy later anniversary to me I guess. Okay I'll stop ranting now

Q/A~ Do you guys go to prom this year?

11 chapters left

Next update June 9th

1209 Words

Don't forget to follow the Characters Instagram <3

Athenaxmorelli

Santomorelli_

Luckymorelli

Until we meet again <3

-Yaniris0919 <3