Chapter 31: I know Angel

A/N- Chapter 31 was released earlier make sure you didn't skip one <3

-------------------------------------

Dante's pov

11 years ago

I help Leo set up drinks for the party while Mia builds up the courage to go back into Adriano's room. "Mia if he can't grow a pair then do it yourself" Leo says she huffs rolling her eyes. "Fine I will" She goes upstairs leaving us to do the rest.

By 9:30 the party is at a full swing with people dancing on top of each other as music blares from the speakers at full blast. Marco came by not that long ago he's late. He told Athena he'd be here with her way before that. He barely keeps his words when it comes to her. God knows what or who he was doing.

She deserves better

"Awe the happy love birds made their way here" Leo says with some blondie on his side. Athena wears a red dress that lands right under her ass. The dress hugged her body making everyone stare at her in either awe or jealousy. When they sit down Marco snakes his hand around her waist pulling her closer to him. My heart breaks more than what it already is.

I should be happy he's my best friend, he's my cousin. I should want his happiness. This is the moment everyones been waiting for. Marco and Athena to finally start dating. They've been planning it out since we were ten. I was just never in the plan.

It was never meant for me to fall in love with her.

There was no way I couldn't. They way her eyes light up every time she's happy. The way she cares about everyone and will make sure you're okay no matter what. The way she makes my heart race in a simple conversation. Even if it was for a second I wish she would look at me the way I looked at her.

I want her to Love me the way I love her.

I can treat her better than he ever can

Mia and Athena start talking about this new girl coming to our school. I don't pay attention to them, I stay trapped in my own thoughts. I watch as they get up to go to the bathroom. Athena's hair falls down her back while she has the biggest smile on her face. "When are you going to grow a pair of balls and ask Mia out?" Enzo asks Adriano he shrugs

"Man she deserves more than me more than what I could give her. I'll always love her but the day I see her smiling with someone who's not me I won't be upset i'll be happy that she's with someone who can give her everything" Leo slaps him in the back of the head

"Adriano im her fucking twin brother trust me when I say you two are meant to be. Grow a pair and ask her I give you my permission" Mia and Athena come back with a girl behind them. Once I get a better look at her my world stops.

Her forest green eyes meet mine. My heart pounds out of my chest at 150 miles an hour. The only empty seat is next to me. I move a bit more down, ever taking my eyes off of her. "Um hi i'm Arianna" Her sweet voice says I feel my face flush into a deep red. "Im Dante it's nice to meet you"

"Same to you too. You have pretty eyes. Fuck im sorry I didn't mean it like that it's just emeralds are so beautiful and your eyes are like emeralds it sorry" A smile comes to my face seeing he own face flush "No need to appolgize at least I know I look good"

We stay talking for hours and hours. I learnt so much about her. It's almost as if she was a drug and the moment I saw her she pricked herself into my skin finding her way into my bloodstream. "Fuck it's already 3 am I told my dad i'd be home at one" We both walk outside under the stars.

The moonlight shines against her skin as we walk dangerously close together. "Do you have a ride?" I ask, she shakes her head no. "Come, I'll take you home. Don't worry I won't kill you" She lets out a light laugh