Chapter 9: A Week

Santos pov

Dad convinced me enough to get away for a week. I haven't been the best husband. I'm still surprised Rory is here with me. I love her too much to ever let her leave though. Going inside my room she lays with her stomach flat on the bed, her head facing the big windows.

Her long blonde hair falling down her back to her right side. She holds the pillow tightly while the blanket stays in the middle of her back. I take my clothes off and throw them in the hamper laying down. She moves around rubbing her eyes sitting up. "Santo?" She says looking around.

"I'm right here Rory. Go back to sleep it's alright" I tell her placing a kiss on her forehead she shakes her head no. "No I didn't mean to fall asleep, I was just waiting for you. I want to make sure you're okay" Rory sits up and I hold her hand.

Taking a deep breath I look in her eyes falling in love all over again. "I'm sorry Rory for not being the husband I promised I was going to be" She shakes her head no. "Santo you're the best husband I could ever ask for. You're' just in pain. You still come home to me every night. You place a kiss on my forehead or cheek telling me how much you love me then hold me while I sleep. You're not doing anything wrong"heek telling me how much you love me. Everyone handles pain differently" She squeezed my hand giving me a smile.

"I talked to dad, it really helped. I didn't know how to talk to you about it because I didn't want to come off as self centered. I feel like shit" Rory moves closer to me placing a small kiss on my lips. "You'll never come off as self centered for telling me how you feel. Santo I don't care if for the rest of our lives you take all the attention as long as you're happy that's all I care about" I hug her tightly not wanting to let go. I will never let her go. I can't. "Do you want to talk more about it or do you just want to leave it alone?" I know she would never force me to talk about it but I want to with her.

I want her to know that I tell her anything.

"I want to tell you. Honestly these past few weeks since we found everything out I've felt like shit. I feel like everything is my fault and I don't know how to fix it. I don't know how to. Mom was the glue of everything and she saved me from myself and the hell I was in. Sometimes I don't think Bianca understands because she got the chance to leave. I didn't not until that night. When she supposedly died I felt a piece of me go with her. I wish I could have done more for that night not to happen. Now seeing that she's alive but without memory being trapped in a house where she's getting hurt is killing me. Rory I don't know what to do. I feel horrible for dragging you with me. You deserve so much more than me, someone who won't push you away. I want to be able to talk to you and not feel guilty"

I watch her eyes glosson with a small smile on her face.

"Santo you're not pushing me away I know how much Athena means to you. Of course when everything happened a part of you is going to feel like it went away. She saved you from not only a bad household but yourself. I understand that you have so much going on and I would never pressure you to tell me anything. I'm not going anywhere Santo. I promise when I married you I promised in my life I would never leave you. I love you way too much to ever leave you. How you feel about your sister and that whole situation is up to you. No one can ever tell you not to feel a certain way." She wipes some tears that escaped from my eyes pressing a long kiss on my cheek. "I love you Aurora" I hold her tightly

"I love you so much more Santo"

We stay in our hold connected to each other in a way you can only feel with the person you love the most. The person who you're willing to do anything for including greeting death. I'd die with a smile if that meant my love will always be safe. Nothing would ever happen to her as long as I walk this miserable dull earth. I can't have another person taken from me.