Chapter 59: Mental Mess

Lucky's pov

I hold Athena closer to me, rubbing her back. Giovanni and Lucinao went home a few hours ago. It was kind of good they did because a little bit after that she had a really bad release. They put her on a stronger IV trying to flush everything out quicker.

Granted a lot is out there is still a big build up.

I just want to take her home.

I want to keep her safe

Her body fits into mine holding us as one.

"Lucky?" She says opening her eyes I look at her moving her hair out of her face. She smiles looking up at me "Good Morning bambina" She sits up looking around the room seeing us alone in here. She picks up a rubber band tying her hair back placing a kiss on my cheek.

She gives me a big smile going deeper into my side. I hold her close to me rubbing her side while turning on the tv. She ate a little bit earlier but pushed the food away when she saw how much she ate. I am not going to force her to eat it either. I'll let her eat as much as she can until she feels better with herself to eat more.

She has to feel better with herself before forcing herself to do anything. I never want her to feel like she has to do anything. I know that's how she feels but it will never be like that. No matter how long it takes, I'll be by her side. It can take years and I'll still be here.

It will always be me and her until the end

Athena's pov

I feel Lucky holding me closer. I open my eyes, seeing my head on his chest while he scrolls through his phone. He looks at me putting his phone down smiling at me "good morning bambina" He places a kiss on my temples "Good morning bambina" He rubs my back I sink deeper into his side smelling the natural rosewood scent. I look at his icy eyes saying "Good Morning Amore" I hold his hand playing with his wedding ring.

Rory comes in checking my vitals making sure they are good, changing the IV and giving us breakfast. "Right now everything looks good and you should be cleared to go home in a few days" She smiles at us. "Thank you Rory" She nods, closing the door for us.

Sitting up Lucky sat in front of me taking the food out of the bag. He hands me a cup with tea in it. I thank him. He puts food on the plate urging me to eat only as much as I can. I take the first bite of my stomach thanking Lucky for making me eat.

I eat as much as I can, feeling my stomach being satisfied. I look at the empty plate Lucky quickly takes it from me, throwing it away. "You did an amazing job bambina. You did great, don't worry about the plate. You're full right? That's all that matters" He tells me, making me look into his eyes.

He hugs me tightly telling me I did amazing. "My love you did amazing, Don't worry about what's on the plate. You are perfectly fine." He tells me giving me a glass of water.

I don't say anything else but feeling my wrist start to get itchy. It's almost as if I'm telling myself I need to feel pain. It's the only thing I've felt for two years. How do I get rid of something when it's the only thing I feel 24/7.

Lucky doesn't bring me pain but I am always in pain

I am a mental mess

Emotions are everywhere, random outbursts. Fuck even Enzo perscirbed me anti-depressants. How will drugs help the pain go away? They are not even strong enough to make me feel high. All highs are temporary.

Nothing good happens to a person like me.

"Athena, stop thinking about it. I've said it plenty of times and I'll say it again it was not your fault" I still don't know how he hasn't left me yet. There are so much better people than me out in this world. He deserves so much better. He deserves so much more than me.

"I hate to see you cry especially when it was not your fault"

"Lucky how can you even bear to look at me right now. After everything i've done"

"Athena you are the only person for me and the only one I love. Why would I yell at you for something you had no control over? I know you didn't want to forget me or the kids or the life we built but things happen. You are here now and we are going to be the happiest people alive. Everyone is happy you are back.

You are the most important person to everyone"

He places a kiss on my forehead wiping my tears. I look into his eyes seeing nothing but love in them. Those icy blue eyes that have my heart. My heart always belonged to Lucky. Until the day I leave this miserable earth and even then my heart will only be for him.

He came into my life unexpectedly but then again the best people come into your life when you need it the most. 

-------------

Hey guys

sorry for the small chapter<3 

I can't wait for new characters to come 

Q/A~predictions ?

6 chapters left

Next update June 14th

937 Words

Don't forget to follow the Characters Instagram <3

Athenaxmorelli

Santomorelli_

Luckymorelli

Until we meet again <3

-Yaniris0919 <3