Chapter 10: You Came Back

Lucky's pov

"Luciano if you don't put that bat down i'll tell Mia not to come with Gabirele, and Damiano" I tell Luciano whole shrugs "You didn't say Federico couldn't come" He responded '' I groan "because Federico is always with Giovanni. Luiciano I swear if you don't bat down" He groans, dropping the sound of the wood hitting the floor making Giovanni jump up.

Gio lays back down watching TV in the living room. Trigger lays on his feet while Blue and Grey run after Luciano who marched his way to his room. "Daddy, why is Luciano so mad?" Giovanni asks when I sit next to him. "I think he's just in a bad mood today" Gio sighs resting his head on the arm rest.

I know he's in a bad mood because Santo is on Vacation with Rory. When Santo was leaving he tried to make him stay. They still ended up going and Luciano was mad he still is. "You look tired, come on, let's put you down for a nap" I picked him up, letting him rest his head on my shoulder, seeing him fall asleep already. Laying him down in his bed I wrap him in the comforter pressing a kiss on his forehead.

Now to check on Luciano. Knocking on his door he doesn't say anything but it's unlocked so I go in seeing him sitting next to his window. "What's wrong bud?" I ask sitting next to him. He looks at me shrugging his shoulders with an angry look on his face. "Luciano how can I take your pain away if you won't tell me what's wrong" He just crosses his arms leaning back on his chair brushing his hair out his face.

Luciano still stays staring at the window. "You can't take my pain away" He finally says I turn him, making him look at me. "How can I not take your pain away? Tell me what's wrong?" He doesn't budge, staying angry. "Santo isn't coming back, it's been 6 days" Luciano finally says, his face turning more angry.

"Luciano, Santo is coming back home with  Rory and should be here in a few days. Why do you think they are not coming home?"

"Because you said mommy was coming home 2 years ago and she still hasn't"

I feel my heart drop. I knew this conversation would come up eventually. I just didn't want it to come so soon. "Luciano mommy is coming home soon. I know that she is but there's just time it takes people a bit longer to come home." I see tears falling down his face. I wipe them, hating to see his blue eyes full of pain. More than anything I wish I could take his pain away.

Never in my life do I want to see any of my kids hurt. It hurts me more seeing them in pain.  "Daddy I miss her though. I don't want another mommy, I want her. Can we help her come home?" His shaky breath says his face turns a light pink from crying. "I'm trying to help her come in. I promise she'll be home" He hugs me tightly crying into my shoulder. "I know it seems like I don't miss her but I do" I rub his back trying to get him to calm down a bit more.

"I know you miss her Luciano, she's your mom of course you would miss her. It's okay to miss her. I miss her too. Your mom knows how much you miss her but remember what I said the stars will bring her home" He nods taking a deep breath no more tears falling down his face. "I'm sorry for being bad daddy"

"It's alright Luci next time just talk to me. I'm never going to yell at you for coming to me about how you feel. Your brother is taking a nap and you look tired. Take a nap. I'll wake you up when Your aunt comes" He nods. I lay him down putting his blanket over him turning on the A/C. I kiss his forehead seeing his eyes closing already. I close his door halfway going into my office.

Boys are sleeping so that means it's time to finish some paperwork.

The dogs are running around the house somewhere I don't know, probably in the boys rooms now.  Most of the paperwork is signing off on shipments or meetings that I have to attend. I need a drink, taking the whiskey from the small bar in my office. I take a glass and pour it.