Chapter 36: We Needed To Stop

Chapter 36 and 37 was posted at the same time make sure you didn't skip one
——————————————-

Athena's pov

I wake up in the hospital still with all these stupid machines on me. Marco walks into the room holding a glass of water for me. "Good morning reginetta, how are you feeling?" He asks handing it to me. I take a sip of it sitting up.

"I'm just a bit sore either then that I'm fine. When can we leave?" He tells me they have to run a dna test on me after that then we can leave. My arm hurts a lot. It hurt even more when I got up to brush my teeth. The doctor comes in the room taking a cheek swab telling me the results will come in soon and will go to Marco.

He helps me change into regular clothes, signing papers for me to leave. I walk slowly to the car sitting in the passenger's seat. I rest my head on the window letting out a deep breath. I'm hungry. Maybe if I ask Marco he'll buy me something to eat. "Marco, can we get something to eat?" He holds my hand nodding "Yeah we can get something" He gets out in the next exit pulling into the parking lot of a diner.

I get out of the car following behind him sitting in one of the booths. "You can get what you want, I'm going to put a baby in you when we get home" I just want to rest. I don't want to do that not tonight. I doubt he would listen. He never listens when I say no. No to him means yes still.

I ordered a side of fries and a grilled chicken sandwich with water. Marco orders like 5 different things not looking up from his menu. "When you get pregnant we're moving" He says I look at him weirdly. I don't want to move. I don't want to move without fixing things with my family. 

"Marco do we have to we have our foundation here everything is here"

"Yeah yeah but I want our kid to grow up somewhere else other than Sicily. I'm tired of being in Sicily and there are people here who I do not want my kid to grow up around."

"Can we just think about it?"

"No it's final, we are moving when I find out you're pregnant" He says sternly I don't fight him on it sinking down into my seat. The food comes out and Marco starts eating. I slowly pick at my food, growing courage to eat it. He doesn't say anything. I eat my food and drink the water to wash it down. "I know you want a girl Reginetta but think of it boys will make us stronger. We will go down in history as the greatest with the strongest kids. We can have a girl maybe when our youngest is 15. I want at least 3 boys and if they're all girls we'll just give it to Dante and Arianna so they can keep raising them. We will have a boy no matter what" He says, putting money on the table and grabbing my hand so we can leave.

I don't say anything else sitting in the passenger's seat rubbing my arm. It still hurts. I didn't even want to take the birth control out. I wanted to keep it in. Selfish I know because Marco want's a baby. He wants his son but he never asked what I wanted.

Marco is like that though if it's not his way it's no way

When we go home going inside he goes upstairs slamming the door shut. "What's wrong with him?" Dante says I sit next to him on the couch sighing. "He took out the birth control I had in my arm. He wants a baby but doesn't want a girl. He said if it's a girl he'll give her to you and Arianna. He said he'll only have a girl when our youngest is 15. Dante I don't want that. I don't want a baby right now. I'm not fit to be a mother, I'd be the worst mother. I don't know how to be a good mother."

"Athena you will be the best mother ever. You are the best mother ever. Don't ever doubt yourself because of Marco. Trust me princess you are the best" Dante makes me look him in the eyes "you said I am the best mother I don't even have kids" He sighs I kiss his plump pink lips. The angle we are in, Marco wouldn't see us if he came downstairs. We'd hear him before he sees us.