Chapter 18: His Mother Back

A/n~ Chapter 18 was released the same day as chapter 17 make sure you didn't skip over it
—————————————
Athena's pov

I wake up with Marco's arms tightly around my stomach. He told me last night to not worry about getting up early but deep down I know he still wants me too. I don't want to deal with the consequences if I don't. Carefully I pry his arms off of me going into the bathroom. Quickly I put my hair back brushing my teeth getting all the supplies that I need to clean.

Going downstairs no one is awake so it makes it easier for me to clean. No interruptions. Putting on my headphones I start with the living room being the easiest place. The house is big so it'll take me a while to finish anything. Dante went to sleep at 5 in the morning so he won't be up for a while. Arianna left yesterday she said she wasn't going to be back for another 2 weeks. Marco, well he's sleeping and he will hopefully be happy that I cleaned.

The mix of chemicals makes my stomach sick. I've been cleaning for a little more than 4 hours. My body reeks of different cleaning supplies but the house is finally clean. The last thing I need to do is to cook and I should be done. Going upstairs Marco is still sleeping when I go into the room. I turn on the shower washing all the chemicals off of me. I make sure my hair doesn't get wet because Marco will flip.

He hates hair that isn't straight.

I get dressed in Maroc approved clothing going downstairs hearing the 1975. They are one of my favorite bands. Medicine comes on and my heart flutters. Everytime I hear it I think of the same dream over and over again.  It's me with two kids one is older, maybe about 18, while the other one is about 6 months old. It's my first dance with my husband. We had just gotten married.

I've never seen his face in the dream but I have seen his eyes. Those beautiful icy blue eyes that I wish more than anything were real. They hold so much love and security I wouldn't even have to question how much he loved me.

"I've been calling your name for the past 5 minutes." Dante touches my shoulder causing me to jump up. "I'm sorry I had my headphones on" I tell him taking them off. Pausing the song he shakes his head. Starting to make the coffee I let it brew while I finish on the stove. "Athena, why are you cooking for him like he doesn't have two hands that work well?" Dante sits on one of the stools leaning on the island.

"Dante it's not as simple as that. If this is what makes him happy then I'll keep on doing it because I'd rather him be in an okay mood than him in a bad mood" Dante drops it. Putting the food on the plate I sat it on the island while I cleaned everything I finished.

Marco came down once I finished washing dishes. It's way past 2 in the afternoon but it kind of worked out. "Good afternoon Marco" I tell him as he waves me off starting to eat his food. Not questioning it, I sit next to him looking at the food on my plate. No one dares to make conversation. I stay quietly eating my food.

Once I get halfway through the food Marco moves my plate forward looking at me. "You ate enough, you eat anymore and you'll get big" He says harshly as I nod, sinking down in my seat. I'm not even hungry anymore, maybe he's right. I have been eating too much.

I have gained some weight. A little bit too much weight. I should cut back on what I eat for a while. "I think she looks fine, Marco. If she's hungry she should eat" Dante says looking at Marco challenging him. "If you care so much why don't you marry her. I didn't see you get down on one knee and propose to her" Marco put's his food down, getting angry.

"I don't remember you doing that either"

Marco slams his fist on the table standing up going to walk away. He grabs my arm dragging me upstairs with him. Fear reaches my body no doubt in my mind I lost all the color in my skin. Once he opens the door to the room he throws me inside I manage to gain my balance looking at his red face. His eyes are no longer a honey brown but now black.