Chapter 46: Wasted Talent

A/N- Chapter 46 and 47 we're posted at the same time make sure you didn't skip one <3
——————————————

Dante's pov

The sun wakes me up again and I groan feeling an empty bed.

I don't know what else to expect. I should be used to it by now but I never will. Maybe I should adopt a dog so I can feel less lonely. Yeah then I'll name him Rambo. I used to have a fish named Rambo. He was alive for about a month then Marco peed in the tank and killed him. 

Looking back at it Marco got away with everything and always got what he wanted. I was too stupid to cover for him. I covered for him because I had no one else. The only person I had was Marco so I kept doing it. I wish I would have known I was eventually going to be alone. I would have been alone for a long long time ago.

Eventually I get out of bed throwing cold water on my face to wake myself up. I go into my closet putting on a suit and tie gettin ready for the long day ahead of me. It's always the same cycle on repeat. It happens over and over again.

I called Arianna and she said she wasn't ready to come back yet she sounded like she was at a bar. Before she hung up I heard a man talking to her. It hurt my heart but there was nothing that I could do about it. I can't fight with her, I can't force her to do something she doesn't want to do. I would never want her too.

She saved me but then she left to save herself.

Maybe my problems were too much for her? I told her too much? She needed more than me. She needed someone who wouldn't throw their problems at her. She needed someone who wasn't too caught up in their own head. She needed more than me.

She will forever and always be my angel

The person saved me from ending it all those years

Going downstairs I go into the kitchen making myself coffee sitting at the island going through some paperwork I need to finish. I watch as Athena rushes downstairs freaking out because she hasn't made Marco his food. If he wanted food so bad he should be able to get up and get it himself. He has her as his slave and he loves it.

Marco loves to make Athena feel weak. He feels stronger when she feels weaker. "Ena what happens god forbid you ever get pregnant you're going to wake up in pain everyday just to make him food?" I tell her she goes into the fridge taking out a carton of eggs. "I have to do exactly that. If not we both know what will happen. Deep down I wish I never get pregnant by him. Don't get me wrong i'd love the baby no matter what because it's my kid but that baby would always be half of Marco. I don't want my kid to be half a monster" She pours coffee for him in a cup adding milk and sugar.

I don't say anything but agree with her. I hope and pray more than anything Marco doesn't get what he wants. All he wants is his heir, that's all he's been talking about since he could get his dick to stand up. "Good morning Reginetta, Dante" The devil comes inside the kitchen dressed while Athena hands him a plate of food.

At this point she should just spoon feed him.

Athena start's to clean the dishes. I stay quiet going over shipment papers with the French. They are one of our good allies. I explained what Marco had done and how I needed extra help. They were more than willing to help. I had a meeting with them a few days ago. They sent a shipment to Santo warehouse so I can go over things.

I have to meet with him today to go over a few more plans. Marco leaves the tension in the room disappears. I hear Athena sigh. "Do you think he'll ever go back?" She asks while sitting in front of me. I look at her shaking my head no. He was never the person he acted to be like in front of her. I learned that the hard way. "You know sometimes I miss him. It's weird because I'm with him but I miss the guy who used to come to my house at 3 in the morning because I couldn't sleep. I miss the guy who used to smile and laugh with me. I miss the guy who would never hurt me." She gives me a sad smile. I get up hugging her tightly feeling her tears falling on my suit jacket.