✾ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴀʀᴀᴜᴅᴇʀs✾

𝕿he Marauders

𝕿he Marauders. Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot, Prongs and Luna. The mischievous five some called us, the five Gryffindors everyone inside the castle grounds knew the  names of. My intuition in the back of my mind couldn't have been more correct, when I was around these boys there was never a dull moment and it was for the better, not for worse. Of course in my previous four years at Hogwarts I had made some more friends, Marlene Mckinnon, Alice Fortescue, Mary Macdonald and Lily Evans, the girl James was completely and utterly infatuated with. The girls were good friends and we instantly got along as soon as we met, however they could never compare to my boys. I would say that out of all the girls, the person I connected the best with was Marlene, you could say we were the iconic blonde duo everyone knows. Our personalities mixed quite well.

"How you feeling, Lunes?" James whispered softly from beside me, as our group relaxed in our usual compartment ready to begin our journey back to Hogwarts for our fifth year.

Naturally, the boys found our about mine and Remus' lycanthropy in second year, there's only so many excuses you can make when twins disappear from the grounds once every month, sick and tired for the days leading up to the full moon and return with scars and cuts. To mine and Remus' discretion, the other three decided last year they would become illegal animagus to accompany us on the nights of the full moon, hence the nickames. Padfoot (Sirius) was a huge, black dog, Prongs (James) was a deer, but don't tell him I told you that, he's a stag apparently, and Wormtail (Peter) was a rat. Moony and Luna were names that stemmed from the moon, obviously. I feel very appreciative they went through all that trouble for us, I just really didn't want to hurt them.

"I'm okay, James" I whispered back, fighting to keep my eyes open. The next full moon was in three days, hence his question. I glanced over to opposite the compartment, my brother already fast asleep, leaning against the window next to Peter, who was eating some sweets, whilst I rested in between James and Sirius on the opposite side. He frowned, taking a hold of me and laying me down with my head on his lap, Sirius lifting my feet on to his lap, so I was fully led down. I whimpered a bit from the movement, my bones aching, waiting to be snapped in a few days.

He brushed his fingers through my hair gently in attempt to comfort me, wanting me to be as relaxed as I possibly could. Sirius un laced my converse, leaving me in just my socks and lightly rubbed my feet. I smiled half heartedly at their attempt, they may be mischievous and prankish but they really cared for me, they cared for the whole group. We all did.

"We were just looking for- Melody are you okay?" A voice called, opening the compartment. I went to move my head up, only to be pushed back down by James.

"Hello Lily-flower, you are looking as beautiful as always. Have you missed me?" James complimented my friend, who i'm assuming was stood at the doorway with Marlene.

"Never, Potter" I heard Lily scoff to James, I glanced up to see him smile in return but I know it hurt him. James has made it his mission throughout the years at Hogwarts that he would get Lily to go out on a date with him, however Lily refused every single time, she despised him with everything she had. I don't think it helped she was best friends with Severus Snape, a greasy haired Slytherin boy, we never got along with him, and for that reason I believe James and Sirius hated him.