✾ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ɢᴇᴛ ɪᴛ✾

𝕵ames sat in the kitchen on the stool, drumming his fingers against the counter top, staring at the clock

𝕵ames sat in the kitchen on the stool, drumming his fingers against the counter top, staring at the clock. Each time the hand got closer and closer, he felt a warmness fill his chest, thinking of the blonde werewolf who would be arriving any moment.

"Mia?! Where did you put my-"

"It's in your drawer, Sirius" Mia responded, walking to the kitchen, eyeing her son as he sat there staring at the clock. She smirked at him, moving her hand over his face to get him to blink, "She's not coming for another hour, James"

"I know, mum, i'm still waiting though" James mumbled before smiling to his mum, "Are you sure you'll be able to cope with everyone?"

"The more the merrier. It also gives me a chance to get to know the girls Melody is close with and talks about" Mia replied, pouring some tea and sitting on the stool beside the messy haired boy.

"Okay" He nodded, grateful that his mum made the offer to have all of his friends over. He had been spending a lot of time with Sirius, they were like brothers, there was just a gap missing. A gap that could only be filled by Melody Lupin. "Why's the past three hours gone so slow....?!" He whined, running his hands through his hair.

"I think it's gone rather quickly" The older woman hummed, teasing her son. She found it adorable how her son was excited to see the girl. "She'll be here soon"

"I'm not waiting for Elody.....i'm waiting for Moony"

"Sure you are" Sirius retorted, strolling into the kitchen and pouring himself a glass of water, "It's definitely not M you have been counting down the last forty eight hours to see"

"It was Moony" James claimed, rubbing his temples, keeping his eyes fixated on the clock, "I hate time"

"Don't worry, Prongs, you'll he snogging her soon"

"I don't want to snog her" He murmured, not taking his eyes off the two clicking hands of the clock, "I want to stare in her sweet chocolatey eyes, watching the small crescent moons being covered by her pupils when they grow larger. I want to play with her soft, long hair because she likes it when you massage her head. I want to hold her in my arms and smell the vanilla, cookies and cedar wood she always smells like and then when she wears my clothes they smell like her again. I want to make her laugh so I can hear her giggles and melodious sound, then she can tease me the way she always does with her perfect smile. I don't just want to snog her, I just want her with me"

"Merlin" Sirius breathed out, his eyes wide as he finished listening to the bespectacled boy describing the little things about the girl. "You're gone, Prongs. So far gone"

"Gone?" He muttered, knitting his eyebrows together.

"You're wrapped around her little finger. Infatuated with her, completely and utterly in love with her"