✾ᴄʜᴏᴄᴏʟᴀᴛᴇ ᴄᴀᴋᴇ✾

𝔍ames watches quietly in the corner of the kitchen whilst his wife talks to the scottish witch, her hands feeling the bump of her stomach with an excited expression, Dorcas and Mary playing with Harry's toys on the floor

𝔍ames watches quietly in the corner of the kitchen whilst his wife talks to the scottish witch, her hands feeling the bump of her stomach with an excited expression, Dorcas and Mary playing with Harry's toys on the floor. He glances over to where Regulus is chatting to Remus about a book in his hand, then over to Sirius and Peter, snorting at the sight of them stuffing as many marshmallows in their mouths as they possibly could, soft music playing in the background of the manor, his tea swishing against his lips when he brought the cup up to his lips.

Halloween was approaching, the end of the war was approaching and he didn't know whether he was excited or nervous.

He didn't jump when he felt his mum and dad either side of him, the way his mum placed her hand on his shoulder and his dad leaned back on the counter, observing the view. He doesn't want to turn to them to see the greys in their hairs or the wrinkles in their affectionate and loving faces, his throat grows tight at the thought. He wants to freeze in time and keep it like this forever. Them to stay forever.

"You never drink tea" His mum's voice draws him from his thoughts, causing him to turn to her with a faint smile, saying quietly,

"Being a dad has aged me"

"Tell me about it. Think about being grandparents, that ages you" His dad's voice chuckles, his own laugh falling from his lips. And they had him a lot older than he and Melody had Harry. More time.

"You're only twenty one, don't be saying you're old" Mia joked, reaching up and patting her son's hair, rolling her eyes as it never sat flat, her blue eyes looking over to her grandson on the floor, his hair exactly the same, causing her to ask, "This dream you've both had, the twins, they do have Melody's hair, don't they?"

"We're not taking offence to that" Both James and Monty replied with their arms folded over her chest, her eyes flickering down to where the younger boy had stumbled over to James' feet, nuzzling his head at his legs, waiting to be picked up.

Three generations of Potters.

"Oi! Monty, was your mum blonde by any chance?" Marlene asked from over beside me, my eyes looking over to the four Potters in the corner of the kitchen, my lips tugging upwards when everyone looked for the question,

"Yes, she was..." He answered lowly, narrowing his eyes when the blonde laughed, still having her hands on my stomach with a grin,

"Potters for their blondes" She sighed, glancing between Mia and I with wiggling eyebrows before looking at James and Harry, "You may as well start looking for one year old blondes going to Hogwarts..."

"The Lovegood's daughter is blonde. They're a bit of a dreamy, strange family but still nice" Peter piped up, mushed up marshmallow falling from his mouth, everyone grimacing when he pushed it back in, Sirius trying his hardest to fit another one in.