❀ʀᴏᴍᴀɴᴛɪᴄ❀

" 𝖄ou just had

" 𝖄ou just had....tea?" Dumbledore repeated slowly, as if my answer was completely in my imagination and I was tortured horrifically. No, I believe I did the torturing of Greyback- he didn't need to know that though.

"Technically it was tea and then I asked for hot chocolate and he gave me some of that too. I think he likes me more than he likes you to be honest" I responded, Regulus snorting from the couch from my reply, to which Mia swatted him, sending him a look.

"What did you talk about?"

"My cat" I answered honestly, the older wizard sending me an incredulous look, "He said Duck was a pathetic name for a cat, so I told him Voldemort was a pathetic name, repeated it over and over and then it sounded very strange. Of course he did his little recruiting activity and failed-"

"Melody" He called, causing me to pause when I started rambling off, the boys barely containing their laughter.

"Oh, no i'm sorry was I supposed to pass on your well wishes? He didn't ask me about you" I replied, this time Monty snorting and Mia swatting him, "He didn't ask about the Order either, we spoke about James and Reg though, Wormy came up too"

"Who are we to you?" Sirius and Remus scoffed light heartedly much to Dumbledore's irritation.

"Oh wait- Sirius yeah you came up to, he asked me if I was being serious. Sorry Remmy, but you're my twin so technically you were there"

"Thank you, it means a lot" He retorted, Sirius patting his shoulder, whispering in his ear.

"I was not tortured or hurt, I wasn't strapped away into some cellar, I had my own room, I spoke freely and the way I wanted to. It was pleasant, as pleasant as it could have been. He said we were just due a chat and I agreed, there was no need to kidnap me though but part of me believes you wanted me to get kidnapped so you would have an idea about what he's up to and what he knows" I sighed gently, earning a deafening silence from the entire living room, until I brought my hot chocolate up to my lips, taking a slurp.

"That is a very serious accusation Melody, I assure you I would never put you in danger-"

"She wasn't in any danger. You said Tom wouldn't hurt her, she would be safe even though she was gone. So you wouldn't put her in any danger, no, but you'd let her get kidnapped because you had reason to believe he wants her on his side so he wouldn't hurt her in any way" Regulus piped up, his lips quirking up when Dumbledore didn't respond for some time.

"I assure you, you are wrong, Regulus"

"I'm hardly ever wrong Dumbledore, but if that's the truth then so be it. We believe you" He remarked, sending him a sickly sweet smile that obviously made it clear he didn't believe him at all.

"Do tell us though....what was the point of the mission? To go and see Borgin and Burkes was it? For what?" James hummed, making my lips twitch up, "But of course you would never but my fiancée in any danger. No, no, you wouldn't just let her be kidnapped for three days"