✾ʙᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ғᴏʀʀᴇsᴛ-✾

"𝕲ood morning, Minnie" I chirped, the five of us strolling into the transfiguration classroom early to catch up with the professor after the summer

"𝕲ood morning, Minnie" I chirped, the five of us strolling into the transfiguration classroom early to catch up with the professor after the summer. We know she definitely missed us.

"Good morning, Melody. Boys" She nodded, as we took our seats, grinning at her, "What is your plan this year that will earn you your first detention?"

"That would be ruining the surprise, Min, you've got to wait like everyone else" James told her, leaning back on his chair beside Remus.

"You'll love it, we promise" Sirius chimed in from beside me, the older witch still displaying the same expression on her face.

"Yes, you do say that every year, Mr Black" She muttered, "I do not want pig features this year, if that is at all possible"

"Ah! Minnie, thats a prank of the past. So fifth year, we have new ones" Peter claimed, winking at her. She sighed, rubbing her temples.

"How was your summer, Minnie?" Remus questioned, drumming his fingers on the desk, smiling at the woman.

"Very relaxing, I didn't have you lot to put up with. I presume your parents are glad you are back here"

"I would say yes, but I believe they would prefer if I didn't exist at all" Sirius hummed, a deafening silence filling the room, "In all fairness, I do believe the same but then you wouldn't have been graced with my wonderful presence"

"A world without Padfoot is not a world I want to live in" James beamed, Sirius grinning at him.

"My mum and dad love me, so do Monty and Mia. They definitely didn't want to let me go" I boasted, the boys rolling their eyes.

"You're everyone's favourite, save some for us, will you?" James groaned, "You're even my favourite"

"As I should be" I nodded, Minnie chuckling to herself.

"Minnie, you should have seen Monty and Mia's reaction to them being together, Monty was not impressed" Sirius laughed, remembering the memory. Mcgonagall frowned in confusion, not quite understanding what Sirius had meant.

"Oh no, he adores Elody, he's not impressed that she has a boyfriend. Even if that boyfriend is me, his own son" James clarified, Minnie again chuckling. I flipped my hair over my shoulder, sending them all the most dazzling smile.

"My dad wasn't even that bothered after a while, mum had to talk to him about it though..." I trailed off, resting my chin on my hand, "Oh! Minnie, guess what?!"

"You studied the entirety of the summer?" She asked hopefully.

"Not all the summer, some of it. Most alchemy books. Anyway, that wasn't it. Guess who won our quidditch match at the Potters?!"