✾ɴᴇᴡ sᴛᴏʀʏ ᴏɴᴇ sʜᴏᴛ✾

{Another teaser —
  Because you liked the last one so much. I've had more requests than I could count for another Regulus fanfic, since Our Forever was my very first and I think it's honestly fair to say I've MASSIVELY IMPROVED since then.

So this is another idea. Again, at the moment, there are no plans to start this if I will at all, it's just a One shot for now of an idea. Also, I just want to note, as of yet, none of my stories are connected — I know some writers do that, I honestly don't know how. Hands to them, they're brilliant. Maybe in the future, for now, everything is separate worlds.

Always interested to hear your thoughts. I think you'll quite like this one.

Oh and warning — we're diving right into steaminess ;) }

𝕽egulus Black stares morosely into the glass tumbler curled in his hand, amber alcohol glowing.

To be quite honest, he's not all that keen and enthusiastic about being here, content with staying cooped up in his dorm, willing away the sorrows of losing the quidditch match and reading until dawn. But he had made an agreement, one that his feet were evidently in approval of, because they carried him all the way here. The Gryffindor common room.

He surveys around the crowds of sweaty teenagers, the dim red lighting making it more difficult to see clear of everything. Twenty minutes, that's how long he's been here, nearing the end of his second glass of firewhiskey. Still no sign of her. If there's still no signs by the time the firewhiskey is gone, the rest burning down his throat, he's leaving. He had turned up, it's not his fault if she was too daft to not seek him out. It's not as if it's real, anyway.

Tipping his head back, he downs the remaining alcohol, relishing in the sting travelling down his throat, preparing to take his leave. Just as he's edging forwards on the comfy arm chair, formulating an escape plan, he's knocked backwards. Right back into the chair. A dark scowl flashes across his face, unimpressed by the new tenant of his lap,

"Where do you think you're going, Mr Broody Black?"

"I was just leaving glad I hadn't seen your foul face" He remarks, forearms resting on either arm of the chair, pale eyes never leaving those of violet, shining darker at her reply,

"Without even seeing me? What message would that send our brothers?"

One that would make them very unconvinced of their 'relationship', that they would be absolutely right to think so too. That this agreement kills two birds with one stone, pushes their brothers into each other's arms ending their years of pathetic pining, and they get their own little advantages out of it too. Regulus shrugs, pointing out all the same,

"You could've come to see me just as easy. I've been here the entire time"

Romie sighs, and shakes her head exasperatedly at him. Regulus Black has this completely unnecessary tendency to make things ten times more difficult. It's pointless because no one ever benefits from it, not even himself sometimes. Romie's convinced he likes being a pretentious git making life harder than it already is.

How much is it to ask for a boy, that she's supposedly dating, to search for her amongst all the pretty girls and compliment her. Tell her she looks beautiful and none of the others compare, that he's only ever got eyes for her. Hold her, dance with her, state his claim that she's his. Something pathetic and disappointed aches at her chest every-time he doesn't.

She should know better, Regulus Black will never be that boy, and this isn't real anyway. It's a play off to get her older brother to get his act together. To have the balls to date Sirius, because they're the 'Lupin and Black couple' and get off her back about whoever she chooses to date instead of chasing them away with his wolfish protectiveness. Merlin does she love him, but sometimes she wants to throttle him.