❀ᴘᴇʀғᴇᴄᴛ, ᴘᴇʀғᴇᴄᴛ, ᴘᴇʀғᴇᴄᴛ❀

𝕬 cry woke me up from my slumber early on a rather sunny August morning, my eyebrows furrowing as I rolled over, fluttering my eyes open, realising Harry was crying in his small crib next to us

𝕬 cry woke me up from my slumber early on a rather sunny August morning, my eyebrows furrowing as I rolled over, fluttering my eyes open, realising Harry was crying in his small crib next to us. We decided he would sleep in our room until he was a little bit older, in this newborn phase, we wanted to keep an eye on him.

There's a wide range of emotions you feel in the first couple of weeks of having your own newborn baby. Happiness, love, joy, and exhaustion. It's absolutely worth it though, the tiredness, having your own child is something no one can ever have better. There is nothing greater than creating a family with the person you love the most in the world, sharing your love into another delicate human being. It's everything. My family is everything and I'm going to hold on to it forever.

"I'll check him" James rasped from my side, stretching his legs out, before sliding out of the bed, my eyes fluttering closed again, listening him talk quietly to Harry, my heart warming. He'd already proven he was the best dad to our son, always checking on him or helping me out, we halved everything so we had equal roles. I've never seen him happier, cradling him in a bundle in his arms, simply enjoying the time of our newborn being young. We were cherishing it, because we knew how fast he was going to grow up.

I felt him slide into the bed again, small whimpers from the boy as he rested him down on the mattress in between us, James placing his hand on top of his stomach lightly, feeling it rise and fall as he drifted back off to sleep, just wanting to lay in between us. I felt his foot nudge mine, causing me to hum, smiling tiredly as I opened my eyes again, finding him staring at me over our baby boy, his eyes soft from sleep.

"He probably wants feeding soon" I mumbled, scooting closer, lifting my hand up and cupping James' cheeks, stroking my thumb over as we gazed at each other and occasionally Harry.

"Do you want me to get a bottle?" He inquired, moving his head to the side and kissing my hand.

"No, I'll feed him" I decided, causing him to smile, winking at me. We've been alternating breast feeding and bottle feeding, mostly because when James wakes up with him he doesn't have to disturb me or anyone else when they're with him.

"You're amazing, you know that?" He muttered softly, my cheeks warming as I buried my face into the pillow, hiding from him, hearing him chuckle, lifting Harry up and laying him down on his bare, muscular chest, resting his other arm out for me, as I snuggled into his side, admiring him.

He was amazing, not me.

And he looked adorable and insanely attractive laying with Harry cuddled on his chest, so tiny and perfect. It was the perfect sight, i've never seen anything better in my life.

"Can you believe we made him?" He whispered, leaning his head down and delicately smoothing his lips over his precious mop of hair, my hand landing on top of his on the boy's back, enjoying the quiet moment. Just the three of us.