❀ɪᴛ's ʜᴀᴘᴘᴇɴɪɴɢ❀

" 𝕳ow was it?"

" 𝕳ow was it?"

James frowns faintly, hearing the loud voice of his wife through the house after placing his keys down in the kitchen, strolling through to the living room. Still no sign. He had spent the morning with the boys, just the four of the Marauders, Regulus in his own words 'didn't want to be with the idiots any longer than he had to'. He didn't necessarily want to leave his full term pregnant wife on her own in their house, especially with what's going on. Although after promising to ring him on the muggle telephone if anything would happen or his mum or dad, Reg, he seemed to relax a bit more and left her for a couple of hours.

He trudged up the stairs of their home, after flipping his shoes off, leaving him in just his orange socks, the carpet soft under his feet. He would never get used to saying things like that, his wife, their home, their baby, it was everything to him. He clicked his tongue not finding her in their bedroom or bathroom, a broad smile on his lips as he turned the knob of the white door, opening it to reveal her rested on the small couch in the white room, filled with red, Gryffindor type accessories, much to his pleasure. A stag, dog, rat, fox and two coloured wolves placed in the wooden crib, with soft blankets folded perfectly. The nursery.

"What are you doing in here?" He chuckled gently, after opening the door, finding me resting on the small couch with a book in my hand, reading, my blonde hair in a loose braid at the side.

"Reading out loud to our baby" I answered, smiling tiredly as he moved over, sitting down beside me, lifting his arm up on the back of the couch, his other carefully placing down on my hip as I scooted into his side, my head falling back on to his shoulder.

"Little Women? I should have known" He hummed, spying the book as I rested it down, closing it, knowing exactly what page I would be on when I opened it up again. I knew this book inside and out by now, "Wormy gave me some of those pastries you're obsessed with at the minute"

"Mm, Wormy knows" I grinned at his words, leaning my head further back, as his hand slid on to my full bump, my t-shirt raising up as he pressed his warm hand down, my heart fluttering in my chest. It was ridiculous how much it made me emotional and want to cry, how much he loved and adored our baby already. Small kisses and soft tunes with his forehead pressed to the very place, every morning without fail, "Husband, my husband" I whispered almost silently, feeling him drop his head against mine.

"Say it again" James rasped into her ear, his nose grazing the side of her warm cheek, his heart aching in his chest from hearing those words, physically, emotionally and mentally. Her husband. He wants to scream it from the buildings and hill tops, they had been married 7 months and yet it still feels as though it was a day, that's how strong his love for her was, and he wasn't embarrassed to admit he was completely lovesick for her, even if it wasn't already obvious to everyone else.

"My love, my orange, my sun, my husband" I murmured, leaning my head further into his, a light chuckle emitting from his chest as he nuzzled his nose into my cheek more, my hand raising up to hold his head against mine, enjoying the closeness with the man I love.