❀ᴄᴀʀʀᴏᴛs❀

"𝕴 don't understand" I sighed softly, leaning into the blonde witch for more comfort as she fixed the blanket around us, holding me closer and kissing the top of my head, "Everyone seems to have something they want, I just don't"

"Well maybe you just haven't found it yet. It's not come along in your time" She hummed gently, playing with my hair as I looked down at my ring, feeling a surge of affection for the woman.

The summer had flown by, the bright summer mornings turning into the darker, wet, colder days as we approached the end of 1978 and towards the beginning of 1979. James and Sirius had been accepted into the auror training program with their NEWT results, all of us seeming to do as well as we could have done. Remus is floating between jobs he could get, even though Sirius told him he doesn't need one he could support the both of them like James was doing for us at the moment, but we both hated that as much as we were grateful and appreciative. Marlene, Dorcas, Alice and Frank also got accepted into the auror program, much to their happiness.

Peter had began working in a small bakery in the middle of muggle London near his mum's house which he seemed to really enjoy doing, I was happy for him. He didn't really want a job in the Wizarding World considering everything that's going on, and he's in the Order anyway, I was pleased he managed to find something he enjoyed doing and got paid for. He deserves it. Mary was wearing at a boutique on Diagon Alley, helping design clothes which she liked.

Then there was me, I had nothing I wanted to do, not that I would be hired anyway, 'turns into a fluffy beast once a month' doesn't look good on resume. I had been spending more time with Monty, Mia and Regulus at the manor, helping Regulus study for his NEWTs and chatting with the two older Potters, waiting for James to come home. Mia and I had been discussing a few wedding plans, hoping to have the this time next year, December 1979, meaning we had plenty of time with everything going on in our chaotic, busy lives to plan.

"Or maybe your job isn't available to you yet" Regulus piped up from the floor where he was kneeling against the small coffee table, writing his transfiguration notes out, "I think you'd make a fantastic professor"

"That's Remmy wants, he wants DADA Professor but no one ever stays longer than a year and to teach children with our condition, it's just a bit....difficult" I responded, Monty humming and flickering the page of his newspaper over.

"You are great with children, little wolf" He agreed, Mia nodding her head in agreement.

"Children and wolf in the same sentence" I mumbled, frowning faintly.

"Evelyn didn't mind when you told her about the fluffy problem. Fred and George-"

"Who are babies and don't know what their own names are"

"Yes, well they liked you anyway despite your condition. Maybe Regulus is right, your job isn't available to you yet"

"Walburga would be pleased in your position, Lo, to do nothing except spend the money and look good next to Orion" Regulus snickered, my eyebrow quirking as he lifted his head, catching my gaze and clearing his throat much to Monty's amusement, "But of course we have our Order meetings"