✾ᴄᴏᴅᴇ ᴄᴍ✾

"𝕳ello" I greeted, stepping into the office sliding into the chair across from the woman as she marked essays

"Hello, Melody. What can I do for you?" She questioned, carrying on her marking using red ink instead to contrast to the black ink.

"I wanted to spend some time with you" I replied simply, glancing around the room before pausing, "Is that alright?"

"You know you are welcome any time" She responded, lifting her head up to meet my eyes, a smile on her face. I gestured to her papers, holding my arms out, "You remember how to grade them like I taught you last time?"

"Yeah" I nodded, putting my glasses on that were on my head, reading over the essay parchments, beginning to mark over them with her, a comforting silence enveloping us. "Min, I did something"

"What did you do?" She inquired, raising her head again hearing the worry and panic in my tone.

"On the platform, the Blacks began insulting Regulus and gripping his wrist harshly, and I sort of stepped in...I didn't know it was going to happen, I just wanted them to leave him alone so I threatened them and.."

"And what?"

"My eyes glowed golden and they saw" I whispered, swallowing thickly, "And they know my name now-"

"You're worried they will tell him and you'll become a target" She finished for me, an uneasy expression on her face. "Perhaps we should inform Professor Dumbledore, glowing eyes isn't common, even for people with lycanthropy. I assure you, Melody, no harm will come to you whilst you are here at Hogwarts. You are safe here"

"Right, yeah" I nodded, scanning over the parchment in front of me, a smile on my face as I wrote O at the top, "Evs doing well then?"

"One of my best, although she's picked up a habit of calling me Minnie" She replied, quirking a brow and sending me a knowing look.

"I have no idea what you are talking about Min" I grinned, "I would never call you such a name"

"Of course you wouldn't"

•••

The door clicked open for the office as I kept my head down, grading the essays for her. I felt lips brush against my cheek, a smile on my face as he sat down beside me facing the witch.

"Minnie we have an emergency" He stated, both of us turning our heads towards him, he looked panicked. "It's code CM"

"Code CM?" I mumbled, frowning faintly as Minnie sighed, reaching down and opening one of her drawers, placing a huge tub on her desk. CM. Chocolate Milk. Of course.

"You're the best, Min" James chirped, eyeing the tub of chocolate milk powder, a grin on his face.

"You just always carry around chocolate milk powder for him?" I laughed softly, a bubbling feeling inside my stomach. She really cares for us. She raised an eyebrow, reaching down again and placing more in front us on the desk. My favourite white chocolate, Remus' favourite milk chocolate, Peter's favourite tea sachets, and Sirius' favourite coffee. Wow.