✾ɪɢɴᴏʀᴇ, ᴍᴇʟᴏᴅʏ✾

𝕬 couple of days later we were sat in History of Magic, listening to Professor Binns go on and on about something

𝕬 couple of days later we were sat in History of Magic, listening to Professor Binns go on and on about something. I admire the wizard for his passion for his subject, he was just incredibly boring at teaching it. I was seated beside Marlene, the two us painting each other's nails. She was having mainly black ones with one white one on her index finger, and I was having mainly white with one index finger that was black.

"Hey, have you seen the two Lupins, they've got more scars, could they get more uglier" We heard Mulciber whisper not so quietly to Avery, my heart stop beating for a few moments.

"What the fuck did you just say?" Marlene growled, pausing to turn to the two seated near us, clenching her fists smudging her perfect nails. I closed my eyes, hoping to prevent any tears from sliding down my cheeks. Just ignore them Melody, they are trying to get a reaction. Just ignore them.

Ignore.

"I said could they get any uglier. What freaks" He repeated, smirking menacingly at the two of us. Ugly. Freak. I've been called that all my life, that doesn't mean it hurts my heart every time someone says it again to me.

Ignore, Melody, ignore.

James and Sirius that were currently laughing and joking together, froze, shooting their eyes to the sniggering Slytherins. I averted my eyes to my brother beside Peter, his expression mirroring mine, because we knew it was the truth, no matter what anyone said to us, we were freaks.

"What's up blood traitors? Have you finally realised how much of a freak the two of them are?" Avery taunted, James and Sirius scraping their chairs back, charging at the two of them.

"What's up? We are going to fuck you up, that's what's up" Sirius growled, the two of them towering over the group as they laughed wickedly.

"Can't even protect themselves, they have to get the others to do it for them, how pathetic" Mulciber scoffed, his head spinning to the side when James smashed his fist into the side of his face, blood trickling down his nose.

"Weak, ugly half bloods. How is their filthy muggle mother, she still sick? She should die anyway" Avery continued, my heart sinking in my chest. My mum was not dirty, she was pure and she was the best mum in the world, she did not deserve to die.

"Take their name out of your sick mouth!" Sirius yelled in his face, drawing the attention of everyone else in the classroom, punching the snake in his face, repeatedly, "Who looks filthy now?" He hissed, his ring edges drawing more and more blood from his face.

"Sirius! He's done, he's done!" Remus called him, dragging him backwards, away from the beaten boy, Mulciber clutching his nose from where James hit him.

"I'm going to fucking kill you, you fucking snake!" He howled, "Watch your fucking back! No one insults my friends and gets away with it"