✾ʙᴜʀɴᴛ ʙʀᴇᴀᴋғᴀsᴛ✾

"𝔍ames" I mumbled sleepily, nudging him with my head the following morning, feeling the boy wrap his arms tighter around me, resting his chin on the top of my head

"Yeah, Lunes?" He murmured in a raspy morning voice, snuggling closer to me after a long night of being up with the twins. If one of them woke up and started crying, that set the other one off, so the both of us ended up being awake majority of the time instead of one of us sleeping and the other comforting like we did with Harry. We wouldn't change it for the world though, we love our children and this time will fly by, it's worth the sleepless nights.

"I can smell burning" I told him, keeping my eyes closed, my head nuzzled into his neck, after sniffing the air.

"Really?" He hummed, the both of us laying there for a few moments before jumping up and snapping our eyes open, "burning?" He muttered, picking up one of the twins out of their cot as I picked up the other, the both of us rushing downstairs to investigate the burning smell with our wands just in case, pausing at the sight in the kitchen, completely dumbfounded.

"Oh good morning!" Remus, Sirius and Regulus greeted, Regulus holding Harry in his arms, whilst Sirius was wafting a tea towel in the air and Remus had his wand out putting out a small fire.

"What in Merlin's name?" I spluttered, holding Hazel closer to me, taking in the scene.

"Well you see, Prongslet wanted breakfast so we made him some toast, but we forgot about the toast in the toaster so it kind of burned and set on fire. Not to worry though, we put it out and everyone's fine" Remus explained, the four of them grinning at James and I whilst we just blinked slowly at them all, holding the newborns in our arms.

"This is a thing now? Walking into our house and setting fire to our kitchen where our children are?" James queried, "Sounds like you to be honest" He muttered, glancing down to Violet as she began to wake up, Regulus eagerly making his way over to greet his goddaughter after placing Harry down on the floor again.

"Hi, Ree, love" I greeted, sitting down on a chair, the boy waddling over and standing at my legs, looking over the baby, his chocolate eyes wide and round, pouting his lips together and kissing her head delicately,  my heart in my mouth from the action, adoring how sweet he was. He was going to be the best big brother to his sisters, I knew it already.

"Padfoot, sit down, no more cooking" James scolded, nudging him away with his foot, the long haired boy taking a seat next to me, huffing.

"Prongslet wants waffles! Don't you, Harry?" He grinned, placing his arm over my shoulder, kissing my temple affectionately in greeting, winking at Harry.

"Waffle! Waffle!"

"What do you say, Ree?" James raised an eyebrow, handing Violet over to Regulus stretching his arms out and yawning, only just making me realise he was only wearing his boxers, Remus chuckling when I shook my head at him, leaving the kitchen and jogging up the stairs towards our bedroom to find him some pants.