✾ᴘʟᴇᴀsᴇ, ɪ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ✾

𝕿he five Marauders had never been anything like this before

𝕿he five Marauders had never been anything like this before. Friends fall out, they argue and then they make up. This was different, completely different. Even people throughout the school had started to notice our change, our joyful, entertaining group was now split into three parts, each one more depressing and dim. The seats that were once filled with laughter and conversation were filled by silence or emptiness. I spent majority of my time with Remus or the girls when they talked for me for a while, no one else. James and Peter stuck together, only having each other and Sirius was alone.

I hadn't spoken to James once since that day ten days ago, I couldn't. And it was completely killing me, I loved him more than I loved myself and it was draining not being with him, not having him cuddle me for comfort or kiss my forehead or temple or hair like he always did. I missed him just holding me in his arms, whispering 'I love you' or 'You are beautiful, Elody' like he did daily. I missed him so much. I couldn't even meet his eyes for a second without my heart twisting into a knot, not even Merlin could untie. I loved him too much to put him through something ever again that could kill him, I had to stay away from him, even if it hurt me in the process.

Rumours sparked around Hogwarts, spreading like a wildfire trying to guess the cause of our split. Apparently, I was caught cheating on James with Sirius and we broke up. Apparently, James and I had an argument which lead to a heated duel and we all got hurt. They would have been better than what actually happened. Dumbledore made Snape swear not to tell anyone about our lycanthropy, although everytime he saw us he either sneered or cowered away from us, knowing exactly who we were now. Sirius had tried numerous of times to apologise to Remus and I but Remus would just fire hateful words back at him and I would just stare at him, wishing to go back to the way it was before this prank.

"Melody, dear, please put your hood down inside" Minnie asked politely as we sat in the great hall for breakfast, my hood of my hoodie drawn over my head, covering the dark circles under my eyes, mixed with the red from the crying. I didn't sleep for three days after the prank until Remus shoved a dreamless sleep potion down my throat, knowing I can never sleep after an argument. This argument was different, i'm not sure how long it could take us to forgive Sirius for what he did, if we could ever forgive him. I pulled my hood down wordlessly, my once smooth blonde hair now dull and matted. She lightly touched my arm after seeing my state, my face emotionless and cold.

"Here" Remus muttered, handing me a piece of chocolate when he realised I wasn't eating my fruit. The two of us sat away from the others at the end of the table closest to the professors, James and Peter sat in our usual seats with the girls and Sirius sat on his own at the top end of the table, the furthest away from us.

"Thank you" I whispered, nibbling on the chocolate, hoping to feel the happiness it usually makes me feel.

•••

"Look at her, she looks miserable" James uttered to Peter glancing down the table at the blonde werewolf, his heart sinking in his chest.

"They both do" Peter responded, looking between the twins and sighing. "Have you spoken to them?"