✾ᴛᴇʟʟ ᴍᴇ ᴡʜʏ✾

"𝕾irius Black is seriously back!" Sirius shouted through the halls as we walked to breakfast the morning after returning to Hogwarts after the New Year

"James Potter is looking hotter!" James joined in, the two of the continuing to shout down the corridors, people looking at them as if they were two idiots. They would be absolutely right.

"What have we got ourselves in to?" Remus murmured to me as we trailed behind with Peter, "Honestly, I hate myself sometimes for wanting to be with him"

"Nothing rhymes with my name" Peter hummed, pondering for a few moments.

"Rita Peter?" I suggested, the three of us blinking for a few moments before bursting into laughter.

"Melody Felony"

"Remus...pe-"

"Please don't finish that" I stated slowly to Peter, wrinkling my nose up as we entered the great hall, sliding into our seats.

"Is it all sorted then?" Sirius questioned quietly, the five of us leaning into each other with our Marauders smirk on our faces.

"Yeah, Lunes and I did it this morning" James assured him, "It should start soon"

"Brilliant" Peter grinned, leaning back and sipping water from a water bottle in his pocket, already prepared for what's coming.

Students began filing in, talking about their holidays with their friends as they began eating their breakfasts. The five of us all exchanged a glance as a girl down on the Ravenclaw table shrieked, her hair a bright green colour. The next one was an older Hufflepuff boy, his hair turning a shade of pink. In truth we had charmed the food to change the colour of the person's hair whenever they spoke one of our names, then we would know who was talking about us. It was Remus' idea to begin with when we were arguing in the compartment who got talked about the most out of all of us. Remus was green, Sirius was red, James was orange, Peter was yellow and I was pink.

James smirked, glancing around the hall as people's hair began changing colour, he needed a plan. He needed to win this bet. He needed people to talk about him. He climbed up on to the Gryffindor table beginning to clear his throat, using the sonorous charm, grabbing people's attention, "I, the one and only James Potter, captain of the Gryffindor quidditch team, husband to Elody, boyfriend to Sirius, fiancé of Remus and lover of Peter would like to thank you for listening to this for no absolute reason"

"What utter idiots" Lily voiced, glancing up at him as he was joined by Sirius.

"I, Sirius Black, the best of the Sirius Blacks, would like to announce that today and today only I will be standing here and saying nonsense just for your entertainment"

More orange and red hair.

"No fucking way" I scoffed, standing up on the table, "Lovely people of Hogwarts, don't listen to these two fools, they are wasting your time, it's me you should be listening to, Melody Hope Lupin, the best Marauder to exist"

"I beg to differ, Luna, I am the best Marauder to exist!" Peter declared, standing up on the table.

"No, I think you'll find I am" Remus yelled, also standing up on the table.

Red, pink, orange, yellow, green, red, orange, green, pink, red, yellow, green, green, orange, pink, pink, orange, yellow, red, red, red, green.

"I'm totally winning this" Sirius boasted, rolling up the sleeves of his white shirt, eyeing the red heads around.

"Uh oh, Minnie, approaching, straight o'clock"

"Black, Potter, Pettigrew, Lupins, get down from the table at once" She ordered, the five of us jumping down off the table and standing in front of us, "In all of my years of teaching tell me why-"

"Ain't nothing but a heartache!" James sang, cutting her off.

"Tell me why!" Peter continued...

"Ain't nothing but a mistake" Sirius went on, clicking his fingers to the tune.

"Tell me why!" Remus chorused...

"I never want to hear you say" I sang, the five of us grinning at Minnie, "Take it away Min Min"

"I don't know why I bother" She sighed, glancing between all of us tiredly.

"Hey! That's not the line" Sirius pouted, grinning at us all, "I want it that way!" We all finished, the older witch staring at us with a blank expression, laughter from around filling the hall.

"Knock knock" James started, a goofy grin on his face. This boy and his knock knock jokes.

"Who's there?" She quizzed in a flat tone, people's hair still changing colours as we tried to draw more attention to ourselves.

"I am"

"I am who?"

"You don't even know who you are?! Are you feeling alright, do you need to sit down?" He replied, Peter snickering and giving him a high five.

"I always need to sit down after dealing with you five" She commented, inspecting the hall, "I know you're all behind this"

"I'm not behind anything, see.." Sirius replied, shaking his hand in the air in front of him.

"How was your holidays, Minnie?" Remus queried politely, nudging Sirius in the sides to stop him from shaking his hands around in front of him.

"I'm aware you're the brains behind this entire operation, Remus"

"What?! I'm the brains behind our pranks! Minnie you've really hurt me, I don't know if we'll ever be the same again" James cried dramatically, wiping a tear from his face.

"There, there" I comforted him, rubbing circles on his back. He wrapped his arms around me in one swift movement, burying his face in to my neck, "Minnie you hurt my James"

"I'm terribly sorry, Melody. Your James must be too hurt to miss my detention tonight then"

"He definitely is"

"Oh well, he'll have to come another time. Alone"

"I'm all good" James snapped his head up, a smile on his face, "We will see you in detention, eight o'clock sharp"

"I will try to look forward to it" She returned, brushing past us towards the professor's table, "Red wins by the way"

"Yes!" Sirius cheered, throwing his hands up in triumph, the other four of us grumbling incoherent words under our breath.

•1028 words•