✾ᴛʜᴇ sǫᴜɪʀʀᴇʟ✾

𝕿he dark clouds hung over the castle, preventing the sun from seeping through showing any happiness or light

𝕿he dark clouds hung over the castle, preventing the sun from seeping through showing any happiness or light. I woke up quite early for my lessons after sleeping dreadful the night before, tossing and turning the entire night. I put my hand to my forehead, squeezing my eyes shut in order to prevent the pounding inside. I sighed, pulling on my uniform with breaks to sit down from feeling too tired, grabbing my wand and exiting the dorm, the girls still fast asleep. I trudged over to the couch in the common room, collapsing on top of it and resting my eyes closed.

James woke up early as usual, showering and getting ready for the day. He knew it would be a while before the other boys would wake up as it was only six thirty, therefore he decided to go down to the common room in order to have some peace and quiet instead of hearing snores from the boys. He hummed, walking down the steps, over to the couch when he noticed a figure he knew so well, laid across with her hand on her forehead. He frowned, approaching her and crouching down beside her.

"Lunes?" I heard a voice whisper from beside me. I knew he had entered the common room, I could sense him with my werewolf instincts, I was too tired and weak to say anything.

"Mhm" I moved my head to the side, him scanning over my face, his hazel eyes softening when they met my chocolate ones, "Hey"

"Hey. What's up, love?"

"The sky" I mumbled, watching a smile crack on his face, showing his adorable dimples on his cheeks. I could tell he had just showered due to his fresh comforting smell and his messy hair still slightly damp.

"Good one, not the answer I was looking for though"

"What were you looking for?"

"You to tell me how I can help you feel better " He whispered, tracing his thumb lightly over one of my scars under my eye, "You want me to hold you?"

"Please" I muttered, shivering from the cold in the common room. He lifted me up, sitting down and letting me fall on to his lap sideways. He enveloped me into his arms, my head resting against his chest, listening to his steady heartbeat. His body immediately heated me up.

"Better?"

"Better" I nodded, feeling him kiss the top of my head, "You smell good"

"Well that's what I was going for when I took a shower, love" He responded light heartedly, tracing his finger tips up and down my arms, "I'm glad you like my smell"

"Not when you've been playing quidditch" I uttered, hearing the vibrations in his chest when he chuckled.

"You don't love my sweaty, muddy smell?"

"No"

"You know what? I think I can cope with that as long as you like my normal smell"