✾ʟᴏᴠᴇ ɪᴛ ʜᴇʀᴇ✾

"𝕾o humankind cannot gain anything without giving something in return first? To receive something with equal value, something has to be lost?" I recalled, standing across from Flamel as he mixed his two potions together in the workshop

"Exactly, Melody. Now, everything you have learned this summer will take you far, you are an extraordinary witch and you will succeed in alchemy. There's no doubts in my mind"

"Thank you, sir. But I don't feel ready, I feel as though I don't know enough" I replied, meeting the old wizard's gaze.

"I'm quite confident you know much, Melody. Allow your mind to process and keep to the basic rules and you'll be a fantastic alchemist"

"Thank you, you have no idea how much this apprenticeship meant to me" I said gratefully, knowing this was the last time I would be here as I would be leaving France tomorrow and returning to Hogwarts next week for my final year. The summer flew by here and we had visits from everyone at some point, the group staying at the manor for a few days much to James and I's surprise. Apparently things over in England are getting far much worse with attacks and these death eaters, Sirius said the days are growing darker and darker and Monty and Mia are barely around anymore.

"I've been thrilled to have you here, it's been excellent having another set of hands around the workshop" Flamel smiled, embracing me slowly, before pulling away and ruffling my hair, "If you need anything or have anymore questions i'm only an owl away"

"The same for you, although I doubt you will have any questions for me since you know everything. But if you do need anything, i'll be happy to help"

"I'll bare that in mind"

•••

The following day James and I apparated back to the Potter Manor in England, being immediately greeted by the three boys, bringing us into huge hugs, Sirius clinging onto James by throwing his arms and legs around him.

"Oh, Prongsie, you have no idea how much I missed you!" He cried, James spinning him around in his arms as if it was one of them romantic scenes in a novel when two lovers meet each other after being away for a long time. The only problem was...

"You saw each other three days ago" Remus commented, after retreating from our hug, and Peter hugged me, kissing my cheek.

"Three days is like three years in Prongfoot time" They both chorused together, me and Peter staring blankly at them before leaving them with Remus, heading straight towards the doors.

"How have you been, Wormy?" I asked, sliding onto a stool opposite him in the kitchen, leaning my chin on my hand. Peter hadn't come the last time the boys came to see us, he had to stay home for something to help his mum out.

"Brilliant thanks, Luna. Mum was moving house so I helped her move all the boxes and everything that's why I couldn't come the last time. She's moved to London" He informed me, "I suppose we have moved to London but i'm barely there anyway so it doesn't really count"