✾ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴏᴛᴇ✾

𝖂e were all gathered in transfiguration with Minnie, she was teaching us more content for our owls coming up soon

𝖂e were all gathered in transfiguration with Minnie, she was teaching us more content for our owls coming up soon. It was first thing in the morning, a bright sun high up in the sky, conveying to many people's happy and joyous moods. As usual I was sat beside Sirius, the long haired boy plaiting a small strand of my blonde hair, ignoring whatever Minnie was talking about. I couldn't lie- I was too, but I would go over it with her in private if I didn't understand something in the text book like we usually did for all the years we've been at Hogwarts. I could teach myself the content, I didn't necessarily need to listen.

"Prongs hasn't took his eyes off you, or he's being captivated by my handsome looks, either way he's staring in our direction" He whispered to me, making me swivel my head around to the boy in question, his chin on his hand as he gazed at me. Or Sirius. You never really knew which one of us he could be staring at. "Definitely me" He claimed, chuckling.

I felt the blood rush to my cheeks, averting my eyes away to the professor at the front of the room, trying to gage what she was talking about. My mind drifted to the messy haired boy, sensing his burning gaze on the side of my head. I wasn't used to this yet, it was always Lily he was staring at it, not me. Well, in the way he was staring at me now, it was almost dreamily.

"Incoming" Sirius mumbled, a piece of torn parchment landing on my desk. I opened it up, with Sirius peeping over my shoulder, revealing the fairly neat scrawl of James Potter,

'Elodyyy'

I took my quill out, dipping it in the ink before writing just below my nickname,

'Jamesss'

I hurdled it back across the desks the small piece, landing directly in front of him. He locked eyes with me, a crooked grin on his face before he scribbled down on the parchment again, throwing it back over to me until it fell in the hands of our professor, a stern face and her hand on her hip.

"If you find it necessary to pass notes in my lesson, Mr Potter, Miss Lupin, I see it only fair you share with the rest of the class" Minnie announced, opening up the piece of parchment. Peter, Sirius and Remus were laughing under their breaths as I stuck my undivided attention on her, I had no idea what he had written on the note, I just hoped it wasn't too bad.

"We should prank Filch tonight" She read out, "I'm sure Mr Filch would love for you to do that Mr Potter, but for now please focus on the lesson" She told him, placing the note on the desk in front of me, faced down. Oh.

"That wasn-"

"Are you arguing with me, Mr Potter?" She cut him off sharply, sending him a look.

"Wouldn't dream of it Min" He chirped, beaming at the older witch. She hummed, striding to the front of the classroom to continue her teaching to the rest of the class.

Simultaneously, I opened the note once more, my eyebrows furrowing from the words. This wasn't what Minnie had read out to the class. Not even close.

'You're the only thing that's on my mind ♡'