✾sʜᴇ's sᴛᴀʏɪɴɢ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴜs✾

T

T.w: Mention of death.

𝕬 few days had passed since we had pranked Minnie and the group of us were sat in potions, drowning out Slughorn and each doing our own individual thing. For the beginning of March, the days were still grim and bitter just like the war brewing outside, usually around Remus and I's birthday it's beginning to look like Spring. Fresh, hazy mornings with blooming flowers and birds chirping in the trees, singing together, and instead we had strong gushes of wind, thunderstorms, no flowers, no bird songs, it was just dull. The full moon was coming up in a couple of days just before our 18th birthday, which was why I was leaning against James' side in the lesson, my head tucked up on his shoulder, the boy pecking the top of my head every couple of moments.

"Look at them, filthy half breeds, monster creatures" We heard Mulciber sneer under his breath to Avery, all of our group turning to them, James' grip on me tightening as he locked his jaw. Of course after Voldemort had found out about me, the Slytherins that were probably in league with the death eaters found out about my condition, which lead to them knowing about Remus too.

"Ignore them" I whispered to him, glancing in front to Remus, noticing the way he was holding Sirius back from doing something, Peter itching to move just like Marlene and Lily.

"Not to worry, they'll end up the way they deserve like their filthy muggle mother-"

"Shut the fuck up!" Remus and I snarled, standing out of our seats simultaneously, anger bubbling up inside of our veins. No one could mention our mum, say what they want about us, but not our mum.

"You two will be the first to go when he comes to power, oh he has plans for you little Lupin" Avery grinned wickedly, pointing at me, to which James stormed over smashing his fist in his face, Slughorn trying to break up the fight as Sirius joined in when they kept saying things about our mum and us.

"Melody" I heard a soft voice call out, snapping me out of my thoughts, turning towards my head of house in the doorway, "Could I see you for a moment please?"

"Uh yeah" I nodded, pulling James away from Avery, Peter holding him back for me as Remus held Sirius, the two Slytherins beaten up again. When will they ever learn?

"I'm afraid I have some bad news and you're the only person I could think of that could help her at this time" Minnie told me, my eyebrows knitted together as I scanned over her sympathetic and upset gaze, my lips parting.

"Where is she?" I whispered, my heart shattering as I came to the conclusion of what had happened.

"She's with Dumbledore at the moment"

"Right, i'll uh go, could you please tell James  she's close with him too" I asked, beginning to make my way towards Dumbledore's office quickly as she went inside the classroom to speak to James and probably heal his and Sirius' knuckles for fighting. I didn't knock on the door, just walking in, seeing the blonde girl sobbing with her knees up to her chest, Dumbledore looking sympathetic towards her.