✾ʙᴇ ɴᴏʀᴍᴀʟ✾

𝕿he following morning I woke up earlier than the other girls, getting ready for the day and making my way down to the common room

𝕿he following morning I woke up earlier than the other girls, getting ready for the day and making my way down to the common room. It was around seven am, so I wasn't expecting many people to be up, maybe a few early risers but not too many, especially with it being a Monday morning. Imagine my surprise when I spot the messy haired boy sitting on the couch, staring into the crackling fire.

I approached him, taking a seat beside him, my gaze landing on the crackling fire too. "Hey" I whispered, watching as two second years walked out of the common room probably heading to the library or something, leaving us completely alone.

"Hey" He whispered back, moving his gaze from the fire on to me, opening his arms wide. I cuddled into his chest, his arms wrapping around my middle, holding me close. He planted a kiss on my head, sighing softly, "This doesn't change the way I feel about you"

"You can't know that. You've loved her for years, infatuated with her and now she finally likes you back. I don't compare to that at all" I muttered, closing my eyes as I listened to his steady heartbeat.

"I thought I loved Lily. It's different with you, Elody. Everything I said yesterday, I meant every word. Please don't shut me out now" He replied, pulling me closer into his body. "Look at me" He ordered quietly, I lifted my head up to meet his soft gaze, "We'll figure this out, okay?"

"Okay" I agreed, before he leaned towards me, capturing my lips into a small kiss. I fully relaxed into his body, resting my forehead against his, relishing in the time together before we would have to be separated the entire day with everyone else for a while, "James, I don't want to rush into anything"

"We'll take this as slow as you need and we'll do it properly"

"Thank you"

"Mhm" He hummed, the two of us laying there in the empty common room, the only thing mattering to each other was one another, "Mum is going to be thrilled"

I smiled, a little laugh escaping my lips, "Yeah, she will be". I couldn't wait to see Monty and Mia's reaction to this, we definitely had to do it in person instead of letting them know through an owl. It would be priceless.

We heard footsteps from the dorms, alerting us someone was going to appear in the common room at any moment. I raised myself off him, sitting down beside him instead.

"Good morning" My brother yawned, kissing my head from behind before moving around the couch and sitting next to us.

"Good morning" We spoke in unison, the three of us sat in silence with nothing else to say.

"Pads and Wormy will be down soon, then we can go to breakfast" Remus informed us, glancing between the two of us suspiciously, "Are you two okay? You're acting very strange"