✾ǫᴜɪᴅᴅɪᴛᴄʜ ᴍᴀᴛᴄʜ✾

"𝕸el, come on, you need to get ready it's quidditch day" I heard Lily call, waking me up from my slumber the following day

"𝕸el, come on, you need to get ready it's quidditch day" I heard Lily call, waking me up from my slumber the following day. I felt a weight on the bed, opening my eyes as someone collapsed on top of me, embracing my body.

"Morning, Alice" I mumbled sleepily, wrapping my arms around my friend, returning the hug. Alice was the sweet, affectionate friend and she gives the best hugs, whenever she feels like it. It was just the way she was and I loved that about her. Especially on the days leading up to or after the full moon, obviously she didn't know why I was sick or tired, she just tried to make me feel better with an Alice hug. Everyone needs an Alice Fortescue.

"Morning Mel" She replied, leaning off me, back over to her side of the room to get ready.

"What times the match again?" Mary quizzed, combing through her hair as she looked in the mirror, next to Marlene as she added her usual eyeliner.

"Ten thirty" Lily answered, shrugging on her Gryffindor quidditch sweater. We were very supportive of our house, proud lions. "Mel"

"Hm" I hummed, staring up at the ceiling and then turning to her as she gave me a pointed look, "Oh. Yeah" I mumbled, rolling out of my bed and heading for my wardrobe.

There was a knock at the door, the five of us exchanging a puzzled glance, Mary striding over to the door and opening it.

"How did you get here?" She wondered out loud, opening the door wider to reveal James, Sirius, Peter and Remus.

"The stairs turn into a slide" Alice added, quirking a brow as they piled in, all of them sitting on my bed, squeezing together.

"Trust me, we know that" Remus grumbled, folding his arms over his chest.

"We figured out how to get up here" Sirius informed, the rest of the girl's jaws dropping. I was just rummaging through my wardrobe looking for something to wear.

"That doesn't make me feel safe. You aren't supposed to get up here" Lily pointed out, a hand rested on her hip at the boys.

"Oh relax Evans, it's not like we are going to murder you in your sleep" The long haired boy returned, rolling his eyes.

"I feel like you would watch us sleep though"  She murmured, "some more than others" She mumbled under her breath, her eyes trained specifically on James.

"You best do well, Potter" Marlene warned playfully, finishing her eyeliner and walking over to my bed to face the boys. They continued their conversation as I pulled out my dark blue flared jeans and a white tank top, heading into the bathroom to change.

"Rem can I borrow a sweater?" I inquired, walking back into the room all changed. He was about to reply when a voice interjected.

"You need to wear something to do with quidditch, Elody. Here, wear my jersey" James requested, taking off his red and gold sweatshirt and handing it to me. The back had 'Potter 8' on the back, embroidered in gold. I smiled, shrugging on the sweatshirt, allowing the fabric to envelope me, his scent filling my nostrils.