❀ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴀɪɴ❀

𝕿he following morning after the sleepover, I woke up to the sound of the rain pounding on the windows of the common room tower, causing me to stir from my slumber, regaining my surroundings

𝕿he following morning after the sleepover, I woke up to the sound of the rain pounding on the windows of the common room tower, causing me to stir from my slumber, regaining my surroundings. I smiled to myself, fluttering my eyes open and finding Evelyn fast asleep tucked underneath her red sheets a little away from me, soft snores escaping her mouth every couple of moments. I hummed, rolling over into James' chest, nuzzling my head against his neck, his hold on my strengthening, pulling me closer, moving his head slightly and kissing the top of my head, my heart warming in my chest as we rested there, enjoying the moment.

Lily stirred from her slumber, stretching out her limbs before sitting up on her mattress, glancing around at the whole group as they slept. Her green eyes travelled from Marlene and Dorcas, to Remus and Sirius, Mary, Peter, Alice (as Frank went home for Easter), Regulus and Evelyn all sleeping individually, her eyes lastly found the last couple, holding each other close as they slept. She frowned, swallowing thickly watching the boy plant a kiss on top of the blonde's head, pulling her as close as possible into his chest, their legs tangled together. It made her heart ache, if she had done things differently, it may have been her. It could have been her. Her receiving the love and affection from James Potter instead of Melody Lupin.

If she hadn't been so stupid in rejecting him for five years, they'd maybe be together now. It made her frustrated, it made her think that she practically pushed them into each other's arms, she made their relationship happen and she despised tue thought. She had realised a few weeks prior she still had underlying feelings for the boy and especially with the game they played yesterday, he said he would marry her. Maybe he still had some feelings for her. Maybe it still could be her. Maybe he was just waiting for her. Could that maybe be true? Could it still be her?

A little while later, we had all woken up from our sleep, fixing the common room back to the way it was, much to our disappointment, it was definitely worth it though. It was one of our best ideas yet and one of the best nights we've ever had. We had all got ready and had breakfast together like we had been doing in the mornings, reassuring Minnie everything was back to normal. Everything was perfect. As perfect as it could be with the war going on in the Wizarding World, these were the last couple of weeks of peace we were going to have before going out into the real world as adults and having to face the war head on. Especially me. Tom could reach me outside of Hogwarts.

"Elody" James greeted, standing in front of me as I sat with Regulus, chatting regularly, "Mind if I steal her for a bit, Reggie?"

"Yes, I do mind"

"You're annoying, little Black, I let you in my home" He muttered, as I smiled, prying Regulus' arms off me snd standing in front of the bespectacled boy, looking up at him expectantly, "Let's go for a walk"

"It's raining" I reminded him, pointing to the window before turning back to him.

"So? You love the rain" He responded simply. That was true. I did love the rain. I nodded, feeling him intertwine our fingers together after pressing a loving kiss to my lips, leading the two of us out of the common room, towards the hallways.