✾ᴄʜʀɪsᴛᴍᴀs ʜᴏʟɪᴅᴀʏs✾

𝕿he day we left for the Christmas holidays was a day I had been waiting for, for a while

𝕿he day we left for the Christmas holidays was a day I had been waiting for, for a while. I was ecstatic to be going home and seeing my mum and dad again. Mum has been ill for quite a while now, dad said she's starting to get better with this muggle treatment for her condition but apparently not even magic people have heard about a disease called cancer before. She was getting better, and we were going home for a while, that's all that really mattered. I had already packed my trunk the night before so I wouldn't really have to wake up early to do it in the morning, I could just wake up, get ready and go. Unlike Marlene, who decided to leave her packing till the very last moment, Alice and Lily helping her whilst I sat back on my bed, reading.

We arrived at the great hall with twenty minutes to eat our breakfast before everyone would leave for the carriages- thank you my lovely Marlene. I took my usual place at the lion table, looking over my brother's shoulder to the snake table, fiddling with something in my pockets. I managed to catch the person's eye, nodding my head towards the door, gesturing for him to go out. He stood up from his chair, excusing himself from the table, making his way out.

"I'll be back in a minute" I announced to the group, swinging my legs over the bench, making my way out of the hall in the direction the curly haired boy left in.

"What do you want?" He mumbled, grabbing my arm into an empty corridor, causing me to jump, placing my hand to my heart.

"Fucking hell, Regulus. Don't do that" I murmured, watching him roll his eyes. We stood there for a few moments till he nodded his head,

"You're the one that gestured for me to leave, Lupin"

"Oh right, yeah" I mumbled taking the wrapped gift out of my pocket, handing it to him, "It's nothing special, I uh just saw it in Hogsmede and thought my not friend Regulus would like it. I know sending an owl to your house would be-" I was cut off by my rambling as he embraced my figure. He was a year younger than me, yet still towered over me. "You're hugging me"

"I did no such thing" He muttered, finally pulling away. He frowned, looking down at the gift, "I didn't get you anything"

"We aren't friends, Regulus" I reminded him, watching as a smile etched its way on to his face.

"No we aren't. Thank you, Melody" He said sincerely, placing the gift under his arm.

"Lupin" I corrected him, "Don't worry, I haven't got used to it"

"Right, good. You really shouldn't. Have a good holidays" He told me, smiling at me as he was about to walk away, back towards the great hall.

"You too, Regulus. If you can" I whispered the last part, not wanting to imagine what his Christmas was going to be like at home.

I followed him back into the hall, taking my seat once again, my brother's eyebrow raising in question. I glanced to Sirius next to me when he peered over to his brother, noticing the small smile on his face.