✾sɪᴄᴋ ᴏғ ᴍᴇ✾

𝕬 few days after Valentines day, I found myself in the common room with Remus before our lessons started that day

𝕬 few days after Valentines day, I found myself in the common room with Remus before our lessons started that day. We had a free period first, which meant that we didn't need to leave until eleven am when we had Care of Magical Creatures. James was off at quidditch practice, preparing for the next game against Hufflepuff that was happening in a few weeks, Peter was in our dorm still asleep and Sirius had apparently headed out really early in the morning. I was hoping that meant he had gone to the astronomy tower, possibly to talk to Regulus.

"What creature do you think Kettleburn will have today?" I asked my brother, pondering for a few moments.

"Not sure, maybe a unicorn" He replied, glancing up from his notes on his lap to talk to me.

"A hippogriff would be good" I claimed, watching him shake his head in disbelief and mutter some words about me being the 'weirdest person he's ever met'. Well, he met me quite early on in life, the first person who I have ever met. He should feel honoured.

"Guess who" Someone called, placing their hands over my face. I could smell the sweat, broom polish and outdoors from him, of course I knew who it was.

"Snape"

"If Snivellus ever put his hands on you, I will punch him" He grumbled, walking in my eye line and sitting next to me.

"Go and shower" I ordered, moving away from him, I'd already showered this morning I didn't want to smell like 'quidditch practice'. 

"Mean" He scowled, edging closer and closer to me, a mischievous smirk on his face.

"James, don't you dare" I warned, backing away from him, standing up from the couch and holding my hands up. He continued following me until me back hit he wall of the common room. He stood in front of me, placing his hands either side of me on the wall, glancing down to my small frame.

I watched his hazel eyes scan over my face, gulping slightly, before closing his eyes. What is up with him?

"Are you-"

"I'm fine, Melody" He snapped, walking away from me and back to the dorms without another word, hopefully to shower. I frowned faintly, watching him leave before locking eyes with my brother and slumping my shoulders before sitting down again. He called me Melody, not Elody or Lunes like he always did. I didn't mean to upset him in any way.

Meanwhile, James stood in the shower allowing the scolding hot water to fall down on him as he thought of the previous moment. He didn't mean to snap at her, he never wanted to be like that with her. She did nothing wrong. It was just the way she looked up at him, her big, chocolate staring at him and he found himself getting lost in them. He had to prevent himself from glancing down to her lips in case he kissed her in front of the whole common room without her consent, not to mention he was all sweaty from quidditch practice. He sighed, lathering his shampoo on his hair, and trying to think of other things rather than his blonde haired best friend, and it was proving a very hard task.