❀ʀᴇɢɢɪᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ɴᴇᴡs❀

𝕱or the first time in his life Regulus Black was stumped

𝕱or the first time in his life Regulus Black was stumped. He always had an answer, a solution, a way to fix something- he was nearly a Ravenclaw and a smart one at that if it hadn't had been for his desperate wishes to be a Slytherin to please his parents, he would have been. He regrets it now though, his eleven year old self begging the hat to be Slytherin so he wouldn't end up like his brother- a disgrace and disappointment. Still, he surely had many of the Slytherin characteristics, having grown up in a Slytherin house hold. Determination, Ambition, Resourcefulness and Self preservation.

He was clever. He was even more clever when he and Melody put their heads together and came up with ideas. Half of the time, they could just hear the other's voice in their heads to know what they were thinking, their souls were connected, deeply. He knew he would do absolutely anything for Melody Potter, as she was now, even if it meant he would loose himself in the process. Melody was all that mattered to Regulus Black, he loved his brother, even when they had a strained relationship, but Melody was everything to him- and the fact it wasn't romantic just made it seem stronger that they shared this love.

As he thought, he was stumped. Dumbledore was speaking of a prophecy about her child- her and James' child, his nephew of a fashion, and it was completely fake. The prophecy was about her, and both light and dark knew that she had the fate of the Wizarding World in her arms. Dumbledore had been pressuring her to hide, to push her from the Order which he suggested she joined in the first place, but now he knows they're in contact with Tom Riddle, he's more weary about them than he was before.

Regulus knew Melody certainly didn't trust Dumbledore. She didn't trust Tom Riddle- they had a fun relationship of a sort, liked pleasant conversations but she doesn't trust him, and it's obvious why. He made his name for himself. Who Melody trusted was James, and Sirius. James, Sirius, Remus, Peter, Monty and Mia. Melody trusted herself, and possibly the girls with a lot of things, despite the prophecy she had kept under wraps. Most of all, Melody trusted him with her entire life.

They were Godric and Salazar. They were halves to a puzzle only each other had the piece to fit. Their minds clicked. Melody Potter trusted Regulus Black with everything she had, possibly more than her own husband- knowing his reckless abilities can sometimes get in the way of his actions.

He wanted to fix things for her, so she could live- they all could live. She could build on her family with James, she could live in harmony without this weight on her shoulders. She didn't deserve this, she's had enough for an entire lifetime. He wanted to fix things for her.

"What makes you say that?" I voiced to Regulus after listening thoroughly to his idea, cradling Harry in my arms whilst James was at work again.

"Because you have a duty now, mon espoir, a family. The prophecy said you have the fate of the Wizarding World in your hands, but it never said what kind of fate and what you should do with it. Pass it on, place the fate in both of their hands and have them battle this pathetic war themselves. You can't be stuck in the middle of this, it's not just you anymore" He spoke softly, swallowing a breath as he looked down to Harry and back up to me, "I know you've grown to like Tom, and by all means he might win against Dumbledore-"