❀ᴘʀᴏᴘʜᴇᴄʏ❀

"𝖄ou're lying" James insisted, pointing his finger at the old wizard sat in the living room of his childhood home, Regulus sat beside him whilst Sirius and Remus sat back, Monty comforting Mia who was silently crying, "You're telling me that my b...

"𝖄ou're lying" James insisted, pointing his finger at the old wizard sat in the living room of his childhood home, Regulus sat beside him whilst Sirius and Remus sat back, Monty comforting Mia who was silently crying, "You're telling me that my baby, that's not even born yet, is to be the Saviour of the Wizarding World?"

"That's exactly what i'm saying, Mr Potter. Either or, Mr and Mrs Longbottom's child. Melody is due the end of July, the prophecy spoke of one born as the seventh month dies" Dumbledore spoke calmly, flickering his eyes up to the stairs, knowing the girl was resting up there on her own, his eyes flickering back to Regulus Black who was silently observing him.

There was always something about Melody Potter and Regulus Black that unnerved the wizard, he would never confess that though. He remained stoic and blank.

"Neither can live whilst the other survives? How do you want me to tell my wife that our child is either going to die or be the killer of Tom Riddle when she's not even given birth yet?" James hissed, bouncing his leg up and down, shaking his head in disbelief.

"It's not a prophecy I would wish upon anyone-"

"Fuck. Off" Remus growled, "You heard this prophecy in a fucking pub by a woman who claims to have seer in her blood yet has never made another prophecy beforehand"

"I trust Sybil Trelawney-"

"We don't!" The four boys cried out, shaking their heads at the wizard who was trying to remain calm and not lock his jaw in anger.

"What's going on?" I mumbled, walking down the stairs of the manor after napping, eyeing the situation carefully, rubbing my eyes before they latched on to Dumbledore who was watching me very carefully, "This looks cosy"

"Melody-"

"Reg, love, what's going on?" I inquired, holding my hand up to Dumbledore and turning to the tousled haired boy instead, James sat with his head in his hands.

"He believes there's a prophecy about baby Potter, regarding Tom. They will be the one to defeat him, neither can live while the other survives apparently" He explained plainly, my eyebrows raising as I glanced to James, to Monty and Mia, to Remus and Sirius, and back to Regulus. Not looking at Dumbledore once.

"Lovely" I hummed, placing my hand over my stomach and smiling before walking over to Mia, pecking her cheek in comfort, "You can leave now, Dumbledore"

"I would advise you to go into hiding soon, Melody. The chance of-"

"No, thank you" I shook my head, not turning to him once, flickering my eyes to Monty, who nodded his head before I moved over to James, taking his hand into mine, "I'll decide what's best for my baby and family. Not you"

"I would strongly-"

"Thank you for stopping by. We'll take your suggestion into consideration. We'll see you the next meeting" I told him, finally reaching his twinkly blue eyes as he stood up, a faint smile on his face before he apparated away without another word, leaving all of us alone, "Reg?"