✾ᴛʜᴇ ᴀᴘᴏʟᴏɢʏ✾

"𝕳ey, can I sit?" A voice asked softly, making me glance up from my book from my seat in the library, immediately nodding my head

"𝕳ey, can I sit?" A voice asked softly, making me glance up from my book from my seat in the library, immediately nodding my head. She sat across from me, fiddling with her fingers,

"Lils-"

"No, Mel, please let me speak first" She cut me off, sending me a pleading and desperate look. I nodded, allowing her to continue, "Mel, i'm so sorry, I really didn't mean what I said. I know that it's no excuse and I am very sorry. Look, I was just a bit jealous, and I can understand it now I think about it. He's always been going after me and I was so horrible to him for rejecting him for years, I should have seen it sooner. He's always been different with you Mel, he always puts you first before anyone else and treats you like you're the only girl in the world. I'm surprised you didn't realise sooner, I should have realised sooner. I'm so sorry"

I smiled, listening to her apology with only one thing on my mind. I wanted my friend back, I'd already forgiven her from the moment it happened. "Lils, I completely understand, I know you didn't mean it I would have spoken to you but I was forced not to. I know it must have been difficult, you just started liking him and I never wanted to hurt you, if i'd have known I wouldn't-"

"I'm not sure if I actually liked him like you do, I think I was just looking for his affection again, you know, someone to give me some attention" She mumbled, averting her eyes away.

"There will be someone out there who will give you the attention you deserve and will love you the way you love them. You'll find them Lils, your strong, beautiful, kind and smart. Don't settle for any less" I reassured her, placing my hand of the table and holding hers, her bright green eyes lifting up to meet mine again.

"You think so?"

"I know so"

"You're a really good friend, Mel. I'm glad I have you in my life" She whispered, squeezing my hand.

"Likewise"

"So you and Potter, huh?" She recalled, wiggling her eyebrows at me. I blushed slightly, smiling at her, "I don't mind hexing him if he hurts you"

"I have no doubt about that" I chuckled, noticing the boys walking towards us out of the corner of my eye, "Speak of the devil"

"Where's the devil?" Sirius questioned, sitting down on the table, the other three taking seats. Peter next to Lily, Sirius next to Peter and Remus and James beside me.

"We were talking about you lot" Lily informed them, their eyebrows rising.

"You were talking?" James repeated, throwing his arm over the back of my chair and kissing my cheek.

"We were" I nodded, smiling at the red head in front of me.

"Finally" Peter muttered, being quiet because of the the environment we were in.