✾ɪ ʜᴀᴛᴇ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ʟᴏ✾

T

T.W: mention of self harm (some may find distressing, it wouldn't affect the story if you skipped this chapter)

"𝕳ey, how are you feeling?" James questioned softly from sitting beside me as I woke up in the hospital wing after the full moon the previous night, my bones aching. I hummed, fluttering my eyes open to re adjust to the light. He sat on the edge of my bed, leaning down and kissing my forehead affectionately, leaving his lips lingering for a few moments before we heard a clearing of a throat and he moved back.

"Ah! Melody, you are awake. It seems like it was an alright last night, no huge scratches or wounds for you or Remus, it looks like you were occupied" Madame Pomfrey informed me, drinking up a purple potion and glancing towards James knowingly.

"Is Rem alright?" I queried, my eyes half open and droopy from being tired.

"Yes, he's alright. He left around an hour ago wanting to sleep in his dorm, he told me to tell you to go and see him later when you are both feeling better" She replied, walking over to James, dark bags under his eyes from the lack of sleep and his hair all messy, "Oh, Mr Potter, it seems you are feeling quite sick you might have to stay here for a while"

"I'm not sick, Poppy" He mumbled, furrowing his eyebrows together, "I have to go to lesson to take notes for El-"

"I insist. Go on, in you get" She encouraged, practically putting him in my bed beside me when I shuffled over, making a sound of approval before closing the curtains around our bed and walking away. I carefully turned on to my side, cuddling into him, resting my hand on his chest, his arms wrapping around me.

"Did she just do what I think she just did?" He muttered in a low voice, pressing his lips to my forehead.

"Yeah, she did" I murmured, "Go to sleep, James, you're exhausted"

"I will if you will"

"I will"

"M'kay, m-i love you" He uttered sleepily, closing his eyes and drifting off into a deep sleep, holding me close into his body.

"And I love you" I whispered, closing my eyes and doing the same as him, the pain in my body becoming more bearable around him. I felt a yearning to be close to him. My heart beats, it aches, it breaks, it loves for him. Only him. For my James Potter.

I whimpered, when I moved in my sleep a few hours later, realising I was still in the Hospital Wing with James beside me. I felt cold hands press to my forehead, smoothing out my hair off my face before taking my smaller hand into theirs.

"Are you alright?" He questioned quietly, not wanting to wake up James fast asleep behind me.

"I'm okay, Reg" I smiled faintly, squeezing his hand before opening my eyes, seeing him rested on a chair beside the bed, a book in his lap, his messy curls hanging loosely over his head. He looked upset. "Are you okay?"