❀ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ❀

𝕿hree days I had been back from being kidnapped by Tom

𝕿hree days I had been back from being kidnapped by Tom. Three days back after three days gone. Although it didn't feel like three days for me, it only felt like three hours, a long sleep, for James it felt like three years apparently. James. He's taking some time off work for now when I came back, not wanting to take his eyes off me for a second, he blamed himself for not coming with us, not protecting me. Even though it wasn't his fault, he's still upset about it. Really upset about it.

Nightmares. Every night I wake up to him thrashing around crying in his sleep and saying my name over saying 'please don't take her, I love her' over and over, breaking my heart even more. Then he wakes up, shaken and spends the next few hours in my arms, cuddling into me as though he thinks I'm about to be taken away from him. He was grateful I wasn't hurt when I was taken away, but the fear i'm going again is on his mind all of the time and it's clearly affecting him. The darker bags around his eyes are the proof.

I felt awful.

He was hurting and it was my fault.

"James" I whispered softly, the boy hugging me tighter as he sobbed into my neck, my heart shattering as his tears rolled down my neck. It was still dark outside, my clock reading 5:03 am, "I'm okay, i'm here love"

"P-please don't l-leave me" He sniffed, my own tear rolling down my cheek from his desperate tone, his chest in contact with mine so he can listen to my heartbeat, that i'm okay and with him.

"Never. I'm never going to leave you James, it's alright" I murmured, raking my hands through his hair, "When I was there, I originally had tea you know but I told him I preferred hot chocolate and he gave me some of that instead. We talked about Duck, he said the name was pathetic and laughed like he would know when he calls himself Voldemort. He might be a dark wizard but he's quite entertaining to chat with, we have quite a good level of conversation"

"R-really?" He murmured, bringing his head out of my neck and resting it down on the pillow, as I lifted my hands up wiping his eyes with the pads of my thumbs.

"Yeah, it wasn't that bad at all, he can be quite friendly towards me, I think he enjoys my sarcasm and wit" I replied, his lips twitching up slightly when I nodded.

"You are funny sometimes even when you're being kidnapped" He muttered causing me to laugh lightly, gazing into his eyes.

"James"

"Mm" He hummed, his lips parting as he stared at me now he had his glasses on, my hands cupping his cheek as his other rested on his pillow, his hair fluffy and messy.

"What can we do about this?" I questioned softly, him letting out a heavy breath, sliding his hand up my t-shirt to my back, pulling me closer, sniffing still.

"I-I don't know, I- it's like they're taking you away from me again, watching you get taken from my arms and I never get you back, t-they don't care though I-I can't lose you Lunes, I love you"