Page 207

Beatrix felt a strong sense of accomplishment as she looked at his vibrant face, twinkling eyes, and satisfied smile... It seems weird because he is not exactly looking at the grand banquet, exquisite decorations, wonderful entertainment, or precious gifts... He is looking at her and talking to her while his arm is protecting her back, his hand is resting on the side of her waist as if supporting her and making sure that she is safe and there will be no distance between them!

It is just a pity that she felt very dizzy and sick, followed by severe fatigue and sleepiness... These days, her appetite increased yet she always feels weak and sick! She always experienced dizziness and fatigue from time to time! Above all, her monthly period stopped! She knows that these things could be signs of early pregnancy but she already encountered several false pregnancy alarms before and it really hurts to expect and later found out that is not the case...

Her pain and suffering double every time she sees the pain and disappointment in her husband every time the physician says that she is not pregnant... Prince Anders never blames her and would only smile gently and tell her not to worry about it but the silent and unexpressed sadness in his eyes hurts her very deeply!

After several false alarms, she got used to it and learn to ignore the signs. She is very afraid that this is another false alarm but even more afraid to see the same pain and disappointment in Emperor Andrew's eyes if the physician says that she is not pregnant...

She forced herself to prepare for Emperor Andrew's birthday celebration even though she always feel sick! This is both a happy and sad occasion for her... Happy because of Emperor Andrew but sad because of her deceased husband, Prince Anders.

Happy Birthday, Anders! I hope you are happy and peaceful now wherever you are...

Her silent prayer while she is seated beside Emperor Andrew...

When she could no longer take the fatigue and sleepiness, she excused herself. It will be bad if she suddenly fainted in the banquet hall. She should not destroy the happy celebration that she tediously prepared for him!

"My Love, I have to go now... I feel tired and sleepy... Again, happy birthday!" She smiled as she told him, trying so hard not to show the sickness that she is feeling...

"Are you okay?" He asked her and suggested. "I will go with you!"

"No, it is your birthday! You cannot just leave the guests and the celebration... I will be fine! I just need to rest early." She convinced him and smiled to assure him. "Enjoy the party that I prepared for you..." She lovingly teased him, trying to make him stay so that her efforts will not be wasted.

"Okay... But I will not stay here very long!" He reluctantly agreed in consideration of her efforts. He feels that there is something wrong so he added. "I will join you as soon as I can!"

Beatrix nodded and went back to her courtyard, which transformed into their courtyard because Emperor Andrew has been staying there with her... He even moved his things there!

Once inside, she is shocked that several black clothing people are waiting for her inside her room! She tried to call for help but later realized that all her maids and guards are down! She felt the same awful feeling every time she is about to die!

Am I going to die again?! If I only knew, I should not have come here early!!!

Beatrix immediately realized that she is surrounded and outnumbered. The person who planned and arranged this ensures that she cannot escape!

Who wants to kill me? Several concubines hate me to the bones but are they powerful enough to send these people inside a tightly guarded palace? I think not... Then that only means... It is Andrew?

She gritted her teeth and shouted:

"Who ordered you to do this?!!" She desperately wants to know the truth before she died but the most probable suspect is Emperor Andrew... He had the authority inside and outside the imperial palace! He had highly skilled people that could get inside and outside the palace without being detected by the imperial guards!

Did he hate me all this time? Did he plan to kill me from the start? Did he make me fall in love with him again so I would let my guard down and blindly trust him? If that is the case, he is probably secretly laughing at my stupidity! I am so stupid! Three lifetimes and I did not learn! Now, my fourth lifetime is wasted and I doomed myself again!!!

She laughed without happiness and her tears begin to flow as she remember more details... She heard that the imperial treasury is almost depleted due to several grand structures he ordered to build and several ambitious military upgrades! It also did not help that he does have so many concubines to support... What is worst is she heard from her trusted servants that he had been visiting them these days!

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

FOLLOW to encourage the author.

VOTE to support the novel.

COMMENT to share your thoughts.

© 2021 Jezel Mandin Sapata-Gentiles. All Rights Reserved