Page 272

The Emperor accepted all the precious gifts that his family offered to him by nodding his head as a means of acceptance and appreciation then several trusted servants retrieved the precious gifts to be kept inside the Emperor's storage hall. After the imperial family, it was the officials' turn to state their wishes and present their precious gifts. Soon, Emperor Claudius got bored listening to the same wish of a long and prosperous life and receiving several expensive gifts but everything seems so ordinary and uninteresting to him. He remained in that mood until it was Minister Zander and Beatrix's turn. He looked at the ethereal beauty beside Minister Zander. Not only her magnetic presence captures his interest but there is something in her that makes him feel at ease. It was like he knew her before!

"Your Majesty, I wish you a happy and fulfilled life! I also hope that you will be pleased with my humble gift." She looked him in the eyes while she is offering her small gift wrapped in silky red fabric.

It surprised him more when she wished for a happy and fulfilled life instead of the usual wish of a long and prosperous life. He immediately realized that she is a unique gem. Another interesting fact is she looked at him directly and confidently in his eyes! Most of his subjects would not dare but this beautiful young woman is straightforward and courageous! She reminds him of someone so important and so dear to him!

She is very beautiful, smart, and brave! Ardor's daughter is an extremely rare gem!

The Emperor has a very positive impression of Beatrix. In his excitement, he stood up in his seat then he directly accepted her gift and he began to open it... The people in the banquet hall gasped in surprise after witnessing the strange thing that happened. The celestial beauty looked at the Emperor's face directly! She talked to the Emperor casually! No one is allowed to look or talk to the Emperor without his permission first but the Emperor did not get mad at her! He even directly accepted her gift and opened it immediately! He had never done something like that before! He did not even open his family's gifts in public before. Normally, he would only nod after he heard what it is and let the servants take it to his storage hall but this time is different! Soon, a crazy thought flashed in their minds...

Poor Minister King! The emperor likes his wife! After a long time, it seems the harem will have a new member! She is so attractive and given her young age, she could give birth to another prince!

The Empress was suddenly alarmed by the Emperor's strange actions as well as another possibility...

Does he like her? Don't tell me he is planning to let her enter the harem?!

She has been too comfortable all these years, thinking that the Emperor would love only her but it never occurred to her that he might be tempted someday! Even the two princes frowned deeply and secretly clenched their hands under the table while thinking...

Damn! I did not include Imperial Father as one of the possible threats before... I should include him on the list now!

They have also been too comfortable all these years, thinking that their Imperial Father would only love their Imperial Mother because their father remained faithful all these years. They never consider that the woman they love could catch their father's attention and enter the harem and then give birth to a prince or several rivals on the throne...

Fuck! I need to devise several methods to prevent it!

The twin princes had several weird scenarios running inside their minds, fueling their anger, fear, and anxiety while they are in their seats!

Finally, the emperor finished unwrapping the gift. He smiled widely as his gut is telling him that something very special is inside the intricately decorated box. When he opened the lid, his eyes brightened and his mouth immediately curved in excitement! He retrieved the special item that he had never seen or heard of! The unique item was exposed to the eyes of everyone and they were surprised by its beauty and rarity! The object is a cube surrounded by twenty-five randomly arranged colors on each side. Soon, everyone was thoroughly intrigued and patiently waiting for her to introduce the interesting object.

"Lady Beatrix, what is this?" The emperor was a little confused but upon closer inspection, anyone could feel the excitement in his tone.

"I call it Mystery Cube, Your Majesty. May I borrow it in the meantime?" She answered politely and smiled so he extended the colorful object to her. She immediately retrieved it and started to give instructions by showing how it works. "You have to rotate it like this to change the position of the colors. The goal is to match each of the six sides of the cube with the same color. Once you do, the mystery cube will open and reveal a great treasure inside."

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

FOLLOW to encourage the author.

VOTE to support the novel.

COMMENT to share your thoughts.

© 2021 Jezel Mandin Sapata-Gentiles. All Rights Reserved