Page 354

Emperor Valentine looked at her in disbelief. He does not know what to say. When you have been aiming for something for a very long time and have been struggling to achieve it, it always makes you wonder whether it is real or you are just dreaming when the opportunity suddenly presented itself in a very unexpected manner. Now, he is wondering if he heard it correctly or if his mind and heart were just playing tricks on him. 

"I... What... Say that again?" He asked to verify so he would not make a fool out of himself.

"Valentine Solaris, you were so serious when you asked me to become your wife..." She smiled thinking of their past, several millennia ago.

"I did? When did I ask you to marry me?" He frowned in confusion. He truly wants to marry her but he could not recall when and where he asked her to marry him. 

I am sure it was not at the time my dear parents and I visited Sky Empire. I was so young at that time that asking a girl to marry me would be too early. It was also not on the island... I could remember all our interactions in that wonderful place! And certainly not also here in the capital of Solaris Empire... Is she teasing me? Or testing me?

She knows he is very confused so she needs to explain, "Do you believe in a chance encounter? Our first meeting is supposed to be like that... It was fated or destined to be a casual and brief moment because, like any other day, I am just doing my duty and responsibility... Well, it was like that until the time I laid my eyes on you..."  She wants to be honest with him from the beginning before they commit to a deep and serious relationship. She wants to tell him everything, even though he might not believe her. After all, she does not want to keep important details from her future husband... "Do you like to hear our story? This might seem strange but this is the truth..."

He stared curiously and nodded his head silently to her so she started from the beginning like she is introducing herself to him for the first time. She is hoping that the story might help him remember the past...

As far as she could remember, she never experience a stage equivalent to infancy and childhood. The moment she first opened her eyes, she is already in the form of what seemed like a young adult by mortal's standards. She could remember it like it was only yesterday...

Her eyes first saw perfection and magnificence in the form of her Celestial Father, the Great Creator. She could see his great happiness and extreme satisfaction after a part of his pure and powerful essence finally stabilized and gave birth to another mesmerizing being.

"I have a perfect name for you. I will call you 'Psi'." The Creator told her gently when she was finally completed. "Your name means... 'life', 'soul', and 'heart'. Depending on how you use your innate gifts... You could give life! You could take souls or steal their hearts instead! A very wonderful name for a very beautiful being with very powerful skills and abilities!"

" You gave me a wonderful name indeed and I am so thankful! Forgive me for my audacity, Great Omnipotent Being... what should I call you?" She asked politely and hesitantly, knowing that she is at his mercy.

"I am your Celestial Father... You can call me that." He said with a smile so sweet, a voice so smooth, and affectionate eyes that caress the mind, heart, and soul. 

That was her most beautiful and treasured memory as an immortal being. Starting that day, she became the Great Creator's beloved daughter, great follower, cheerful companion, diligent trainee, and obedient subordinate. She is the first masterpiece... 

After several eons, her Celestial Father decided to expand and multiply the originally single space and time. This decision gave rise to the birth of her little Celestial Brothers and Celestial Sisters at that time. She was surprised when she first saw them because unlike her, they started to a stage comparable to a child by the mortal's standard. The Great Creator assigned her to look after them and train them until they reach maturity. That was an enjoyable task for her because she and them don't have that much difference. It was a great arrangement... So perfect... No disagreement... Too peaceful... Very fruitful... 

When they were finally ready, the Creator assigned them to a specific territory with specific vital duties and important responsibilities. She was given another task which is to oversee the fate and destiny of all mortals... The Creator told her that everything must be within the plan, according to the plan, and follows the plan... 

She just needs to guide them to their path... How hard can it be, right?

But mortals have different thoughts, conflicting emotions, stupid decisions, poor judgment, and many other things...

They also have different paths in life, love, career, and even death...

The most tricky and annoying part is they have a very short lifetime! 

Birth... Maturity... Death... Birth... Maturity... Death... Birth... Maturity... Death...

A cycle that is too short in her eyes. It was done before it even started.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

FOLLOW to encourage the author.

VOTE to support the novel.

COMMENT to share your thoughts.

© 2021 Jezel Mandin Sapata-Gentiles. All Rights Reserved