Page 257

"There is another one! It was our friend, Minister King!" Prince Anders could not contain the amusement showing on his face.

Prince Andrew gave him a questioning look so he could not wait to share the details.

"He gave me a few pieces of gold and a bowl of chocolate rice porridge!" Prince Anders replied with an amused grin on his face.

This time, the two brothers laughed out loud in amusement. In their mind, their friend is entirely weird and truly different from others!

"He is very practical and so stingy! He cannot bear to part with his savings!" Prince Anders said with tears in his eyes due to laughing too much!

"He probably figure out that you were not sad so it does not matter whether he gives you a simple or grand contribution!" Prince Andrew declared with a happy smile on his face too.

Suddenly, another idea crossed their mind at the same time! They immediately stopped laughing and turned very serious...

"Imperial Brother, do you think he is aware that it was not an accident?" Prince Anders shared his suspicion.

"That is a great possibility! If he knows that you were the cause of your wife's demise then that explains it!" Prince Andrew replied then smirked.

Prince Anders became silent and then said, "If our suspicion is right, then he has several great people under his command and he has ample access to several sensitive information! He probably knows too much!"

"It could be that... or he is just very stingy!" Prince Andrew replied nonchalantly.

"Whether he knows too much or he is just stingy, we should be more vigilant towards him! If he knows too much, then that means he is a liability! He could become serious trouble in the future..." Prince Anders said with intense seriousness on his face.

"I am surprised you only thought of that now... Isn't that what I have been telling you from the start? Minister King is not a simple person... Why do you think he has those marvelous ideas that could make our Imperial Father and the majority of powerful officials praise him like a god? He is secretly a very dangerous liability!" Prince Andrew declared with matching coldness on his face and in his voice.

"Imperial Brother, you smell of gunpowder! Is that pure jealousy because of his great accomplishments?" Prince Anders grinned wider. Sometimes he loves to ruffle his brother's feathers.

"Idiot! One of these days, he would give you a headache!!!" Prince Andrew declared with certainty, then he suddenly remember something... "So, what happened to the chocolate rice porridge?"

"It looks so appetizing... I don't know what happened to me... I ate all of it!" Prince Anders said guiltily and grinned helplessly...

"Are you out of your mind?!! What if he put poison on it?!!" Prince Andrew was surprised that his brother carelessly dropped his guard.

"No... No... " Prince Anders smiled and playfully shook his head. "He would never do that! But, if it was you... he would probably poison you!!!" He proclaimed and laughed out loud thus annoying his brother even more...

Zander looked very serious while he is on the way back to the General's Mansion after he interacted with Prince Anders at the princess' wake... When his wife heard that Princess Lizbeth tragically died, he immediately noticed her extreme sadness and weird concern for Prince Anders... He feels secretly jealous and found it very weird that she took the time and effort to personally prepare a chocolate rice porridge for Prince Anders! He never tasted her cooking...

Why would she cook for another man?!!

After spending several years with her, he noticed that she would eat chocolate rice porridge whenever she is very sad or in an extremely bad mood! Now, she wants the same thing for Prince Anders?!! The negative feeling worsen when she asked him to give that porridge to the prince!

"Husband, please make sure that His Highness, Prince Anders, received this small contribution from me... I hope this will make him feel better like usual..." Beatrix begged him with teary eyes.

Like usual?!! What does she mean by that?!!

He wants to ask for some clarification but the general is already motioning that it is time for them to go. He understands that his father-in-law is very time conscious. He does not want to annoy his father-in-law so he immediately entered his carriage...

Prince Anders might be insulted if I offer him that simple porridge together with the small amount of gold that I could afford this time...

He wants to refuse her weird request but seeing her teary eyes and her unwavering determination, he suddenly remembered the physician's words... The physician said that weird behaviors, requests, and cravings are normal for pregnant women so in the end, he was forced to comply!

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

FOLLOW to encourage the author.

VOTE to support the novel.

COMMENT to share your thoughts.

© 2021 Jezel Mandin Sapata-Gentiles. All Rights Reserved