Page 382

The following morning, she went back to the island to talk with Viktor. The young man looked at her silently when she reappeared before him. 

"Viktor, let me see your arm... " She said gently and approached the young man immediately. She checked the damage she accidentally inflicted on him last night. "I am very sorry about your arm. I am going to heal it now." 

When he did not say anything to refuse. She went ahead and healed the damage to his hand and arm. It returned to the way it was and the physical pain instantly disappeared but the pain, anger, and jealousy inside his heart remained. 

"I thought you were going to imprison me for the rest of my life and leave me here to rot when I die." He coldly said to her after the physical injury was healed. 

"Can you blame me? You tried to kill your uncle. I have to stop you."

"He deserved it! He killed my parents!" 

"You know he did not kill your parents. It was your other uncle who killed your father while your mother died giving birth to you."

"Yes, he did not kill them with his own hands... But it was his betrayal that killed them!"

"Why do you hate your uncle so much? Did you forget everything that he did for you? He raised you and treated you like a son."

He chucked wryly and replied, "He is the reason I became an orphan! Everything he did was not necessary if my Imperial Father and Imperial Mother were still alive! If not for him, I would have a family! I would grow up under nurturing and unconditional love! "

"So you regret meeting me? You don't think we are family? You don't like growing up under our care and protection? You don't believe that everything we did for you all those years was out of nurturing and unconditional love?"

"That is not fair! Why do you have to take his side?!!"

"I am not taking anyone's side. I am just asking you some important questions to help you assess the situation thoroughly and carefully."

"Psi, you are being so unfair to me! Because of him, I lost my parents! And now, because of him, I will lose you too..."

"Viktor, you are not going to lose me or anyone. Aiden is not mad even after what happened. He would like to see you again and ask for your forgiveness. He did not mean what happened to your parents. He was deeply hurt too when they died and has been carrying the guilt since then. He does not want you to hate him... Viktor, we both love you so much! I just want you to see it..."

"The only thing I can see now is you are taking his side! I know now that I can't hold a candle to my uncle inside your heart... "

She closed her eyes and sighed deeply before asking seriously, "What would it take you to forgive him, let go of the past, and move forward?"

"I can't. If I have another opportunity to kill him, I will do it again without hesitation and remorse!"

"Viktor!"

"Yes, I will do it again if I can! So if you will just take his side, just return to that traitor and leave me here to rot and die alone... "

"Is that what you truly want? To be left behind and die alone?"

"You know what I want, you just don't want to give it."

She realized that Viktor was so vengeful and stubborn! He would not listen to reason and would never back down... Well, not unless he got what he wanted. 

"Viktor, I have a proposition. Would you like to hear it?"

"Yes. I am listening... "

She gave him an offer he could not refuse and then left the island to do the things she should have done long ago but never had the nerve to do so.  

Emperor Aiden was very worried and unhappy. She told him that she would only talk to Viktor but two weeks had already passed since he last saw her.

"I wonder what happened... " He absentmindedly said to himself while staring at the last place where she disappeared in front of him. 

After she left them on the island and only came back after nine years, he developed severe anxiety. Every time she would suddenly disappear, he would immediately look for her and only relax when he saw her again...

A trusted manservant approached him and performed the perfunctory greeting to a monarch. 

"Is she here now?" He impatiently asked. 

 "Yes. Lady Psi is now waiting in the receiving hall but... " The manservant hesitated to continue his report. 

"But what?" He nudged the servant to resume.

"Prince Viktor is with her and the noblemen... There are also other unfamiliar people with them."

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

FOLLOW to encourage the author.

VOTE to support the novel.

COMMENT to share your thoughts.

© 2021 Jezel Mandin Sapata-Gentiles. All Rights Reserved