Page 344

"No. They are my keys! Putting these two spheres of essence back together will ruin my chance of being reborn as a mortal again. The seven lifetimes of mortality were never a curse or punishment from the Great Creator... It is a huge gift! A great blessing! Only you and the other immortals are seeing mortality as a curse and being unable to use divine abilities as punishment, but for me, this is an opportunity to meet my beloved once again and experience the life I've been dreaming of! Celestial Brother... You see, it is not a curse but a chance!!!" She replied after staring at the two orbs quietly for a long time. She stood up and prepared to leave. 

"Where are you going? Are you going to forfeit another chance to return to your true home? Don't you want to reclaim your real identity? Don't you miss being immortal? Don't you miss using your powerful abilities with ease and no limits? Don't you wish that everything would go back to the way it was? To the way it should be?" He became agitated when he realized that she wanted another reset. 

"I have to do this or else, everything I did is for naught. All the sacrifices and sufferings that I went through will be wasted. Celestial Brother, please understand... This is another chance for me to see him again and be with him this time!" She insisted hoping that in the next lifetime, she will be successful in meeting the love of her life and spend the rest of her short lifespan as a mortal with him and their future offspring. 

"Don't you find it strange that five chances were already used up but you were not able to meet him again in all of those lifetimes?" He directly pinpointed her sore spot. 

"Because I was screwed over again and again! I was always reborn in a different place! A place several miles away from him! How are we going to meet with that huge distance, huh?!!" She finally lose her cool and became emotional. 

"Let's see... Fate? Destiny? Does any of that ring a bell? Oh, that will only work if it is fated and destined!" He said meaningfully and then smiled playfully. He is deliberately pushing her button even though he might suffer terribly if he continues, "Celestial Sister, why don't you just accept the truth..." 

"Enough! You are wasting my time! I have to go now!!!" She said and got ready to leave. She knows he is trying to change her mind so she would return to the Immortal Realm and reclaim her 'Goddess of Fate and Destiny' status together with its gargantuan duties and responsibilities but she is not going to be swayed! She is not going to give up now that she had already come this far! 

"You are leaving... Aren't you going to visit Antoine first? He was very cute and smart too!" He declared happily and grinned widely. 

"You are kidding, right? You know it is pointless now!" She said vehemently and gritted her teeth. The aura surrounding her changed into something very oppressive yet also very melancholic, "Not only one but two living mortals punctured the fragile balance between the world of the living and world of the dead..."

"Then why didn't you kill them or have them killed on the spot before they could even enter the portal? That way the balance will not be thrown into chaos. " He stated matter-of-factly. 

She ignored him and continue to dwell inside her thoughts," Regardless of the danger and negative consequences, they stubbornly entered and stayed in a place where they do not belong..."

"Right! Like how you stubbornly want to enter and stay in the mortal realm, a place you do not belong..." He wants her to realize that what she wants to do is utterly nuts and pure nonsense. 

She did not reply to his comment but continued to express her thoughts, "They entered and stayed in the land of the dead long enough to disrupt the boundary of the two worlds. They were asked to go back but they still proceed..." 

"Why did you give them the option in the first place? You should have shut the door in their faces and ignored their presence forever like what you usually do to your unauthorized and uninvited guests... Why did you allow those two living mortals to come here? Now it is truly pointless!!!" He finally agreed to her statement. He was about to say more but decided to shut his mouth when he saw her sad expression. 

Several strong emotions are reflected in her eyes as she used one of her divine gifts. The ability to see the past, present, and future of a person, place, or thing at the same time. Her tears silently fell as she helplessly witnessed how her dear son's resting place swiftly changed from imperial crib to imperial bed and finally, it became imperial crypt as the one-hundred-eight-year-old Emperor Antoine was laid to rest. She stared at the grand tombstone engraved with her child's name and title, "My beautiful baby no longer needs a mother now... " 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

FOLLOW to encourage the author.

VOTE to support the novel.

COMMENT to share your thoughts.

© 2021 Jezel Mandin Sapata-Gentiles. All Rights Reserved