Page 224

They eat together in a family dinner setting but the atmosphere is more like a very formal banquet since the two princes are very silent in their seats. They would only talk and provide a brief and formal response when being asked or talked to. After that, they would immediately go back to their 'I am here but seems not here' presence at the table.

The Emperor is beginning to get irritated by their blatant protest against the marriage arrangement and their evident cold treatment towards their betrothed woman but since the two princes remained formal and professional in composure, the Emperor decided to ignore their behavior. On the other hand, the Empress tried to play matchmaker to diffuse the tension and weird atmosphere...

"How lovely! My future daughters-in-law are very stunning, aren't they, my sons?" She happily engaged her two children in a lively conversation.

The two young ladies expectantly looked at their own betrothed man and eagerly waited for their prince's approval and praise. Prince Andrew only gave a cold and indifferent "Hmm" while Prince Anders gave a very formal smile and become very silent next. The atmosphere became even more weird and oppressive than before!

"This is great! My future daughters-in-law matched perfectly with my two imperial sons! When the time comes... I am sure that our grandchildren will be outstanding!" The Empress tried even harder but soon she realized that her effort is futile from the beginning when they all heard a piercing sound of a glass shattering coupled with a series of violent coughing.

When they check, they saw that Prince Andrew is indifferently holding a shattered drinking glass! His hand is bleeding as he fists the broken shards even harder while he stared coldly at the other people in the dining area...

"My Prince, you are hurt!" Dinah Khalajan, Prince Andrew's betrothed, worriedly stood up and decided to approach Prince Andrew but the latter gave her an angry and bone-piercing stare so she stopped halfway and stood frozen on the ground!

Next, the people focused their eyes on Prince Anders who seemed to accidentally choke on his food and is now violently coughing...

"My Prince, are you okay?" Lizbeth Powell, Prince Anders' betrothed, worriedly asked and tried to soothe Prince Anders' back but she screamed at the top of her lungs when he unceremoniously vomited a mixture of food and wine on her dress as he continued to heave and cough to clear his air passage! He is already so red from the violent coughing and now beginning to turn purple as he continued to cough even harder!

Prince Andrew immediately stood up and did a formal gesture toward the emperor and empress.

"Imperial Father and Imperial Mother, please excuse me and my Imperial Brother. We need to go to the infirmary soonest..." Prince Andrew seriously declared and asked for their approval.

The emperor is very angry now and wants to hurl his plate and drinking glass at his two imperial sons who did not give them any face this time but he stopped his anger on time so he could still salvage the situation...

"Okay. Go to the infirmary and then to your courtyards next." The Emperor calmly gave his approval but he flashed them with a look of 'I will deal with you later!'

Prince Andrew helped his brother out of the dining hall and away from the several staring and questioning eyes! When they are already far and no one could see or hear them anymore, he smirked and faced his brother.

"Okay, you can drop your pretense now." Prince Andrew told his brother while shaking his head silently with an amused grin.

Prince Anders stopped coughing and his appearance returned to normal. He grinned happily then it turned to a boisterous laugh.

"Imperial Brother, did you see their faces?" Prince Anders smiled and gently shook his head in amusement.

"Yes, but you know that we will be punished soon, right?" Prince Andrew reminded his brother of the consequence.

"You are no fun! Why do you have to bring it up now?" Prince Anders protested and make a face at his brother.

"Just stating facts..." Prince Andrew replied nonchalantly.

"Did someone tell you already that you are a very lousy person? " Prince Anders teased his brother even more.

"Who cares!" Prince Andrew coldly replied.

Prince Anders laughed so hard and made a mysterious remark next, "Imperial Brother, I could see your future..."

"What?" Prince Andrew curiously asked.

"You will die a virgin!" Prince Anders playfully declared and run as fast as he could in the darkness of the night while laughing his head off...

Prince Andrew angrily chased after his brother. He is very determined to teach him a lesson for cursing him to a lifetime of solitary! He knows it might seem impossible but still, he is praying to meet his beloved woman in this lifetime... Otherwise, why would he remain a virgin?!!

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

FOLLOW to encourage the author.

VOTE to support the novel.

COMMENT to share your thoughts.

© 2021 Jezel Mandin Sapata-Gentiles. All Rights Reserved