Page 268

"I cannot accept this, Your Highness!" He immediately refused.

"Nonsense! I insist! It is yours now! You can throw it away if you do not like it! I already transferred all the businesses formerly owned by the Khalajans to my brother. He happily accepted so why won't you?" Prince Andrew looked at him intensely before adding, "Not only that, this is also yours now..." He gave another document to Zander.

"B-But this is the gold deposits of the Khalajans!" Zander was surprised when he saw that the prince transferred its ownership to his name.

"Wrong! It is your gold deposit now." Prince Andrew declared seriously and added, "You must accept your share... After all, it was your idea! Think about it... You could use it to achieve anything that you want like building a mansion for your beloved wife. With that resources, you could build a home as large as my mansion... You will never have to rely on General Ardor's generosity..."

Zander became very silent for a moment. He thought about Beatrix and imagined the two of them together with their children in their mansion! When he was young, he wants to have a simple home but now that he married Beatrix, he is always thinking that she deserves to live in an extremely beautiful place like the two princes' mansion!

"Your Highness, thank you so much! I can accept all of these things for now but I will slowly repay you in the future!" Zander replied happily.

Prince Andrew curved his lips then he said with amusement, "You are very stubborn, Minister King! I said that they are my present... Why turn it into a loan?"

"I want to give my wife everything that she deserves soonest but I also want to have the bragging right to say that it is a fruit of my hard work!!!" Zander said it in great spirits and grinned excitedly.

Prince Andrew silently looked at the departing image of Zander's carriage... He transferred all the compensation that he received from the Khalajans to his brother and friend. He does not like to have any sort of connection to his ex-wife! Aside from that, it also served as his test for his suspicious friend. Earlier, he immediately noticed the ambitious glint in the minister's eyes when he told him 'you could build a home as large as my mansion'. He smirked while thinking...

Minister King, do not try to put your hands on something that belongs to me...

Zander went home in great spirits! He went to the study room first and retrieved the blueprint of the dream mansion that he wants to build if he had the money. He did not dare show it to his wife because he cannot afford it earlier! He thought that his design is perfect for his family. It will be as huge as the two princes' mansion but the design is based on his preferences as well as his wife's. He planned to secretly build this mansion and surprise her in the future! He recalled that she agreed to move out after giving birth to their eldest child... He would hire several people so it will be completed before her due date.

He hid the blueprint, land title, and proof of ownership of a large gold deposit in the largest bank of the empire. He immediately proceed to their bedroom and joined her peacefully sleeping form on their bed. He silently observed her beautiful features and carved this memory inside his heart. He kissed her gently and happily thought of her wonderful decision to finally show herself in the public, particularly the Emperor's birthday! He grinned like a fool while softly caressing her small belly where their baby is still developing...

Tomorrow is the Emperor's birthday... I could finally show you to the whole world! I will introduce you to all the people that I know! They will know the truth about you and will finally understand why I love you so much...

He smiled happily and kissed her lips again. He also kissed her belly to extend his love to their unborn child before he closed his eyes to rest properly for tomorrow's grand event in the imperial palace!

The next day, the court meeting was suspended to give time for the officials and their families to prepare for the Emperor's birthday celebration on that night. Almost all the noble and powerful household was very busy with all the preparation.

In the General's Mansion, Beatrix and Zander woke up very late instead! She previously ordered the servants to never disturb her sleep no matter what happens because she would always feel weak and get irritated easily if she will not be able to complete her beauty rest!

The servants almost cry in relief when the young married couple is finally awake! They woke up very late so the preparation for the event started so behind the normal schedule of preparation. She smiled gently to the servants and ordered them to dress her simply but her mother entered the room and told her that she prepared grandly for her daughter's first formal appearance in front of the imperial family and other noble families!

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

FOLLOW to encourage the author.

VOTE to support the novel.

COMMENT to share your thoughts.

© 2021 Jezel Mandin Sapata-Gentiles. All Rights Reserved