Page 363

From that day, she saw a positive change in Prince Aiden's behavior. She noticed his strong motivation to make up for his past mistakes through good deeds. He started to act like a real parent to his nephew by bathing, clothing, feeding, and putting the baby to sleep regularly. One day, she was stunned when he suddenly kneeled in front of her and apologized sincerely for stabbing her during their first meeting and for being rude to her. She immediately accepted his sincere apology and moving forward, they became true friends and official partners in taking care of baby Viktor. 

She ensures that they would have everything they needed and always protect them from any harm. Whenever Prince Aiden and the baby need to rest every night, she would silently guard their adorable sleeping figures. Every time Prince Aiden or little Viktor got sick, she would instantly heal them so they never suffer from any illness while she was around. In short, she assumed the role of protector, provider, and healer. It might look very strange to an outsider's view but this arrangement worked perfectly for them. 

The moment little Viktor started babbling "Mama" and "Papa", they looked at each other in amusement and then they could not help from laughing out loud. They were so proud when he finally took his first step and became more protective when the cute little Viktor started running, hiding, or climbing everywhere he would like to.

She would often smile every time they would play hide and seek inside the simple beach house she provided for them or whenever they would create wonderful sand sculptures. There are times the three of them would just draw anything or write something on the fine white sand and then later do some water games in the blue-green sea. Days passed by smoothly like this... 

One night, he opened up to her about his past. He confided the mistakes he committed in the past and even his fears, hesitations, and regrets in his life so she listened attentively even though she already knew about it. She already saw him in a new light so she also did not hesitate to tell him her true identity and origin.

When little Viktor reached the age of five, she wanted to train the little boy and Prince Aiden in the arts of combat. If they are ready and also if they want it, she would also teach them the principles and procedure of using celestial abilities so when the time comes that she would have to leave them, they have means to protect themselves.

Yesterday, she was forced to accept the reality that she would not be able to be with them all the time! It was when she noticed that the essence she collected from dying people was starting to leak from its container. It was emitting insidious energy that could cause serious harm to mortals, especially to the two people near her! She created a temporary solution but she fears that there is not enough time...

"What do you think of your fighting prowess?" She suddenly asked him while their little Viktor was still sleeping.

"It is good. I had several years of theoretical and practical training in the arts of war while I am still a noble prince in the Palace of Cloud Empire." He happily replied and looked at her expectantly. 

All these years, he had been thinking about how he could showcase his ability and impress her so she would finally notice him and they would become closer to each other since all the indirect methods that he subtly incorporated into their interactions were just ignored by her. He did not know if she was doing it on purpose or if she just did not get his hidden meaning but the biggest mystery for him was the fact that he could not say the three words directly and easily like those times he would sweet talk a maiden into sleeping with him. For some reason he could not determine, every time he would attempt to tell her his feelings, courage always fails him!

She simply nodded and said next, "That's great! Can you try attacking me so I could assess the level of your combat skills? I don't want you to hold back. Give me your best shot!" 

"Huh? No... No way! I... I do not want to hurt you!" He immediately refused and even shook his head.

"No worries! I will be fine. You can never hurt me, remember?" She smiled naughtily as she playfully reminded him about their first meeting.

"No fair... I am truly sorry for what I did before. I already apologized and even kneeled in front of you... I know it is unforgivable and I do not have an excuse... Psi, do you still hate me?" He responded sullenly. His initial excitement suddenly vanished.

She giggled sexily and smiled sweetly when she declared, "No. I already told you that you are forgiven. Why the long face, huh? I just want to assess your skill because I care about you..." 

"Why do you care about me?" He wanted to smack his head for being excited without asking this extremely important question first.

"Because I..." She hesitated whether she should tell him or not but she knew he had the right to know.

He stared at her and held his breath in anticipation. Somewhere in his heart, he was hoping she would say the words he wanted to hear from her, the same words he wanted to say to her but failed to say it all these years...

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

FOLLOW to encourage the author.

VOTE to support the novel.

COMMENT to share your thoughts.

© 2021 Jezel Mandin Sapata-Gentiles. All Rights Reserved