Page 366

Prince Aiden silently received the decapitated head and tossed it somewhere before he embraced her like there is no tomorrow! 

"Psi... Psi... You are finally back... I thought you were no longer coming back..." He murmured and placed his chin on her shoulder. 

She was stunned when he embraced her out of the blue. She never allowed him to touch her because she was aware of his lustful tendency! Even during those times when she saw him change into a better person and they became friends and partners in taking care of little Viktor, she always maintained a sufficient distance between them but at that time, it was for safety precautions. 

Luckily, it seemed like he understood her intention as he did not attempt to cross the line or bridge the gap before... But today, he broke the unspoken rule! She pondered if she should push him and create a distance between them like usual but in the end, she dropped the thought when she felt his huge distress... 

"Yes, I am back... " She said gently and embraced him too before saying, "Didn't I tell you I would come back the soonest I can?" 

"You said five years... But you were gone for nine years!" He complained like a child who suffered from a huge injustice. 

She chuckled and pushed him a little to look into his eyes and explain her side, "You were not paying attention to what I told you at that time. I did not say it would be five years... I said it would be at least five years... There is a huge difference!"

He wanted to beat himself for not realizing sooner that she had such a glib tongue! On the other hand, she smiled as she observed the comical changes in his facial expression. He was about to respond and point out her slick deception when suddenly, someone caught their attention. 

"Imperial Uncle! Great news! We won again! They retreated!" An excited voice yelled from a distance accompanied by hurried footsteps in their direction. 

They uniformly looked in the young lad's direction. She immediately smiled when she saw a very tall and striking young lad walking toward them speedily. From his signature essence, she could already tell the young lad's identity... 

"Imperial Uncle, huh? So you finally told him everything... That's great!" She said to the man beside her. 

"Yes and... No." He reluctantly replied and looked at her to gauge her reaction. 

She frowned when she heard his ambiguous response, "What do you mean?" 

"Not now. Not here. I will tell you later. " He suddenly dismissed the topic when he saw his nephew was already close. His action made her raise her eyebrow in curiosity but she decided to let it go in the meantime. 

Viktor was so happy when he easily drove his enemies to the corner. His smile became wider when someone suddenly screamed that their emperor was killed by the rebel prince! That was the cue for their enemies to run like dogs with their tails tucked between their legs! He was grinning when his men bravely run after the retreating enemies to finish them off. 

He immediately looked for his imperial uncle to congratulate him on his success in eliminating their common enemy but what he saw from a distance surprised him so much and made him stop on his track... 

His uncle who seemed very allergic to women all these years is tightly embracing a woman! He could not see the woman's face, only her alluring figure... Even from a distance, he could see that his uncle seemed very happy and enthusiastic. His uncle seemed very possessive and did not want to let go of the woman. He even witnessed his uncle's huge disappointment when she pushed him to create a little distance to talk. Well, that was something he never saw in all the years he was with him! 

Curiosity got the better of him so he yelled about the battle's result and hurriedly walked towards them so he could see his uncle's special someone. When they looked in his direction, he took a good look at the woman's appearance. This time, he suddenly understood his uncle's unusual behavior... Even when he was only a child, he could already tell his uncle was so in love with her and he could not blame him...

Of course... How can anyone not love you? 

He thought while staring at her familiar stunning appearance that he stopped seeing nine years ago! He could vaguely remember his past but when he saw her again, everything suddenly became very clear...

He recalled staring at her enchanting face when he was only a child. Her beautiful smile could always make him feel that everything was perfect! Her soft, warm, and fragrant body cuddling his little form made him feel safe and secure! He also remembered her sweet voice talking to him or humming an enchanting melody that could always comfort him and then put him to sleep.

"You are finally back... " He said when he was already close to them.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

FOLLOW to encourage the author.

VOTE to support the novel.

COMMENT to share your thoughts.

© 2021 Jezel Mandin Sapata-Gentiles. All Rights Reserved