Page 318

Prince Andrew realized that his imperial father did not have concrete evidence in his possession because if he did, he would immediately throw it to his face literally or figuratively... Now he is certain that no one could pin him down and legally punish him for the incident, not even his imperial father! He also figured out that his imperial father chose to meet him secretly at this hour because he wants the truth straight from him but prefers to keep it a secret in the end... The truth is he is already so fed up with the current situation! He is very pissed that he wanted to tell the truth long ago! But, of course, he is not stupid to waste all his money, effort, and other resources! He wants assurance before he proceed... Now that he is certain, he did not deny his father's statement... After all, his imperial father challenged him to tell the truth so he could finally get what he wants!

"Yes, I did it! I deceived everyone! I exchanged my real bride because I do not want her! I kidnapped my brother's wife because she is the woman I truly love! I deliberately destroyed the alliance between two empires because my imperial father is so biased! You do not care about me or what I want or what makes me happy! I gave my best and excelled in everything but you are still so partial to my imperial brother!!!" Prince Andrew angrily expressed what was inside his mind and heart all these years. When his imperial father remained quiet, he could not help but continue, "I only asked you for one thing... Only one thing... But you broke your promise so your favorite son could live happily while I live in misery!!!" He no longer wait for his father's go signal. This time, he stood up from kneeling and stared coldly to his father.

The emperor was surprised by his honest confession and emotional outburst. He wanted to know the truth about the bride-swapping but he never thought it will be like this. His first son rarely talks to him. If he did, it is usually very formal, respectful, and professional... But now, it seems that he poured all of his hidden disappointment, hatred, and animosity into one big confession!

"Son, you do not understand..." Emperor Claudius wants to explain but he could not find the right words to say.

"Yes, I do not understand. And now, I do not want to try anymore..." Prince Andrew replied coldly, interrupting his father's words. "There, I already gave you the truth. Now, give me what I want." He raised his palm in front of his imperial father indicating that he is waiting for him to keep his end of the bargain.

The emperor understood why his first son is mad at him but he could not tolerate his extremely smug and rude attitude! Now that his son admits to his crime, he could not just let him off the hook easily... He could get away with the law but he could not get away from his punishment! After all, he humiliated the Cloud imperial family, embarrassed the Sky imperial family as well as the Lamoreaux and Marvel families! All in all, he did a very serious trouble that would greatly affect the two empires and worst of all, it does not seem like he is sorry about it! He pulled one of his drawers and obtained the imperial decree that he prepared for this situation...

"Here is the imperial decree stating that Beatrix Lamoreaux will become your imperial wife..." Emperor Claudius is still explaining when Prince Andrew tried to reach it but he hastily retracted his hand holding the decree and placed it near the burning fireplace, threatening to burn the object if his son dared to touch it without his approval.

"Imperial Father... are you planning to break your promise once again?" Prince Andrew is intensely looking at the scroll in his father's hand. At that time, his mind is already full of rebellious thoughts... 

The emperor was aware of his thoughts so he clicked his fingers to gain his son's attention once more. When Prince Andrew looked at him again, he seriously explained, "You can only have this once you accepted all your punishment for creating so much trouble! Did you think you can thoroughly get away with your bad deeds?"

"What is it that you want this time?" He did not notice that his eyes are burning like the furnace and his voice is murderous!

The emperor ignored his son's reaction and say his condition, "Two hundred lashes for deceiving everyone and exchanging the two brides! Two years of no salary for humiliating and embarrassing several people! Two years of community service for deliberately destroying the relationship of Sky Empire and Cloud Empire!!!"

"The two last conditions will take two years to complete, do I have to wait that long?" He asked with irritation on his face and voice. He is thinking his imperial father is probably trying to fool him again.

"You will receive the decree after the two hundred lashes! You will have to complete the other two conditions later... Don't even think of running away from your punishment once you get what you want!" The emperor explained and reminded him.

"Fine." He immediately agreed.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

FOLLOW to encourage the author.

VOTE to support the novel.

COMMENT to share your thoughts.

© 2021 Jezel Mandin Sapata-Gentiles. All Rights Reserved