Page 226

The Emperor secretly arranged a meeting and asked the help of the other powerful individuals to locate and use anything necessary to force his two imperial sons to go home safely and honor their betrothal! He even promised to give a special reward to the person who could successfully do the almost impossible task!

General Ardor secretly visited his daughter, Beatrix, in his mansion near the border to see her and also to tell her of all the movements in the capital, especially about the two princes' disappearance!

Beatrix smiled and began to list all of the secret places that she knew from her pillow talks with her two previous husbands in her past lifetimes. She feels guilty about exposing these secrets to other people but every time she remembers her tragic lives and deaths, her resolve strengthens!

This is for my survival and future! They will not die if they get caught... They will just have to marry their betrothed... No big deal... Nothing serious... Right?

She gave the list to her Father General and even suggested a solution to convince or more like to force the two princes to honor their betrothal and get married whether they like it or not!

Prince Andrew and Prince Anders were very surprised and horrified when their secret hiding place was found out and they were now surrounded by fully armed elite imperial soldiers from every corner and direction!

"Imperial Brother, I thought your place is very safe?!!" Prince Anders asked his brother with extreme surprise and worry that they are currently trapped.

"It should be since this place was only known by me and I only shared this place with you today." The bewildered response of Prince Andrew while thinking of a way for them to escape successfully and avoid being forced to marry someone they do not love.

"I guess someone knew about this place and sold us out because of the great reward!" Prince Anders told his brother with expressed anger on his face.

Prince Andrew hurriedly thought of the people who possibly knew this place and were daring enough to expose this location but he could not think of anyone! As far as he knows, only he and his brother should know of the existence of this place and he is certain that his brother did not expose their hideout! Whoever sold them out will pay greatly in the future but for now, they need to escape first!

The two brothers decided to use violence! They are even willing to die fighting if necessary! They fought their way out, very determined to escape! They injured or killed anyone in the way of their escape!

Emperor Claudius and General Ardor observed the two princes from afar...

"Your Majesty, at this rate, all our elite soldiers will perish if you will not step in and use my suggestion..." General Ardor warned Emperor Claudius of the grim possibility and convinced the latter that desperate times call for desperate measures.

The two princes are still fighting the soldiers to escape when suddenly, they heard the emperor's booming voice!

"Ungrateful sons! Are you challenging my power and authority?!!" The emperor angrily said and everyone stopped fighting and make way so the emperor could see his two sons properly. He walked regally towards the two princes, enduring a severe headache and anger as he sees that several elite soldiers are either badly wounded or killed brutally because of his two stubborn sons. "What?!! Are you going to kill me too?!!" He loudly asked the two princes.

"Imperial Father... Why..." They chorused softly and became immediately silent next.

"Your Imperial Mother got severely ill because of you two ungrateful sons! You did not give us any face by running away from your duties and responsibilities!!!" The Emperor angrily scolded his two sons.

"Imperial Father, we do not wish to marry them!" Prince Anders immediately confessed the reason. He does not care if it sounds ridiculous to others! He could no longer remain silent or do nothing about it!

Prince Andrew also nodded in agreement to his brother's honest confession...

"Nonsense! Bunch of fools! Being an imperial son is not about doing what you want! It is about doing what is expected of you for the greater good! It is your life path from the moment you were born! All the power, wealth, luxury, and respect that you enjoyed from the beginning had a great price that you must pay! Do you think that those things are free? It was not free and will never, ever be free!!!" The emperor reminded them that the time has come for them to do their part.

"Imperial Father, with all due respect, we did not choose to be born to the imperial family! We also did not ask for all those things to be given to us so we do not have obligation to pay for it! " Prince Andrew seriously replied to his Imperial Father.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

FOLLOW to encourage the author.

VOTE to support the novel.

COMMENT to share your thoughts.

© 2021 Jezel Mandin Sapata-Gentiles. All Rights Reserved