Page 378

Emperor Aiden was so pleased while staring at the celestial beauty sleeping peacefully beside him. He could not help but smile from ear to ear as his mind began to wander and his heart dreamed once again...

Psi, I love you so much...

I wish that you would love me too...

That you would marry me...

I will be your loving husband and you are my beloved wife...

I prefer to have children but it is still okay if we have none...

We would have a simple but happy life together, grow old together, and also perish together...

He silently wished while guarding the woman beside him. He knew this was a farfetched dream but he could not stop himself from secretly hoping for it. A huge part of him wanted her to know but there was also a big part of him silently scolding him for being too greedy since he is aware that she is way out of his league! His smile instantly faded when he recalled their last interaction...

"Aiden, I can only love and marry my mate... " She honestly told him after sharing her last conversation with Viktor.

"Then... who is the lucky man?" He hesitantly asks, unsure if he would like to know or not.

"You." She replied and grinned like a Cheshire cat.

"What?!!" He choked on his saliva and cough several times.

She laughed out loud after seeing his adorable reaction. She rubbed his back so he could feel some relief before saying, "Don't worry! I am just messing with you!"

"Don't give me that kind of joke! It is not funny!" He snapped because she gave him false hope. His heart stopped beating in anticipation for a second, only to be crushed in disappointment next.

"The truth is I don't have a mate... No one is intended for me... "

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

"Why is that?"

"Don't know... I guess my Celestial Father wants me to be alone for eternity... "

"You are not alone. You have me!"

"Not for very long..."

"That's because I am a limited edition so you should grab me while you still can."

She chuckled again and cupped his face. She looked at him tenderly before she said, "I wish I could... but I can't!" 

He stared at the wall for a long time. He wanted to smack himself for still wanting it even after hearing the devastating truth from her. He felt so down and so helpless! These emotions made him remember his past, especially the moment that changed him. He did not know if she could hear him but he would like to talk to her again so he started his monologue...

"I don't know if you are aware that something unspeakable happened to me in the past but my Imperial Father just laughed at me and said: 'Oh, you're a man! How could you be raped by women? That makes no sense!'"

"My father did not believe me... He probably thought that a man cannot be sexually assaulted... Or it is more probable that he turned a blind eye to it because the mastermind is his favorite son!"

"Psi... How can it be not rape when I don't want it? Not even a tiny bit! I feel so disgusted, so filthy, and so humiliated it happened to me... But that was all he could say to me!"

He sighed in pain and continue his monologue. He knew he would not have the courage to share it with her when she is awake.

"My Imperial Mother was no better... I confronted her after I discovered that she agreed to drop my case but what did she say again? Ah, yes! I remember it now... She said: 'It already happened so why not use it to take advantage of the situation?'"

"Can you believe that?! My mother used my downfall as a leverage and stepping stone for my brother... Did she forget that I am her son too?" He said to her with so much pain and sorrow. In the past, he told her about his brother, about the women, and how he regretted that he treated them unfairly but he never shared why he became a despicable person in the first place.

"Psi... I never had a true home until I met you and my nephew... You and Viktor made me feel what it feels like to have a home and a family!" His mood instantly recovered when the sad and painful memories were replaced by the memories of the three of them together like a happy normal family on the beautiful island. 

Soon, he was grinning widely again. Being close to her makes him feel warm and fuzzy inside. He never wanted this moment to end! His gaze focused on the sleeping woman once again and then on her luscious pink lips... He was so tempted to kiss her but this intention was interrupted by loud banging on the door! 

He knew it was his nephew waiting outside the door. He looked at her once again and gently pulled the blanket to cover her properly. He carefully moved out of bed and gently walked so he would not disturb her sleep. He could sense that something seems off so he decided to find out.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

FOLLOW to encourage the author.

VOTE to support the novel.

COMMENT to share your thoughts.

© 2021 Jezel Mandin Sapata-Gentiles. All Rights Reserved