Page 340

The two brothers walked in complete silence. Seven days later, they are still wandering inside this wonderful paradise but they did not find any sign of another presence! They become more agitated and more impatient! They begin to secretly question whether or not this is truly the land of the dead or if it is wise to continue roaming this unfamiliar place since everything looks and feels the same since day one. Until now, they are still walking on a massive fertile land that seems to stretch endlessly...

They walked in a straight line and did not change direction from the beginning but the possibility that they might have been walking in circles entered their mind too so they decided to leave unique marks on their way to test it; however, they did not see the marks that they left behind again. This could only mean they are not going in circles but it could also mean that they are already lost and just walking aimlessly! 

Neither of the two would like to give up or voice their doubt or anxiety. The truth is they are also not sure if it is truly seven days since they arrived because it does not have nighttime. The entire place seems suspended in eternal brilliance. Only by looking at the sand timer that they always carry with them could they tell that seven days had already passed. They continued walking and remained quiet most of the time. They are both busy with their thoughts... 

Prince Anders has been silent most of the time because of too much worry! He has been recalling the whole procedure to pinpoint whether or not he made a mistake in opening the doorway to the land of the dead. On the other hand, Emperor Andrew remained quiet and did not dare complain for fear that his brother might become too irritated. If that happens, his brother might reopen the portal ahead of schedule to kick him out of the land of the dead and eliminate the competition before it starts.

All the weariness and trepidations instantly disappeared when they saw a very bright and magnificent metropolis floating in the sky! From that magnificent place, they could feel her familiar essence... But this time, her signature essence is exceptionally and dangerously powerful! They instantly realized one thing... Even if they combine all their energy, it would seem like a drop when compared to her ocean of pure and dense energy! Now, they finally understand what their masters are always talking about! 

If she is this powerful, why didn't she come back? With so much power, she could reopen the portal anytime and anywhere she wants...

The two brothers silently asked inside their minds. They looked at each other in tacit understanding as their hearts instantly provided a very painful possible answer... It is more likely that she did not come back because she does not want to!

"Imperial Brother, hold on to me! Whatever happens, we must face her and convince her!" Emperor Andrew said to his brother urgently. Now that she is already close, he will do everything and anything to get her back...  Back to where she belongs... Back to the land of the living... Back to him and their son!

Prince Anders obeyed instantly and soon, the two brothers are levitating in the air, going closer and closer to the huge metropolis in the sky...

"Imperial Brother, do you have a plan? What if she does not agree to go with us? Well, we could try to fight... But, we both know we cannot defeat her now, right?" Prince Anders voiced his helplessness. He knows about their strengths and limitations so he is fully aware of the huge gap and the huge disadvantages he and his brother are currently in.

"I do not have a plan..." Emperor Andrew declared honestly.  He does not know what to think or what to feel. He recalled all his sleepless nights and days of misery as he watched her unmoving figure. He remembered all the times he sincerely begged her to come back... And now, he figured out that she could come back but she chose not to!

Beatrix, you are so cruel to me and our son...

He is hurting and so furious...  But, he still loves her so much and wants her back so badly! No doubt about it!

Beatrix... Do you think you can just abandon me and our son? In your dreams!!!

He smiled dangerously and his dark gray eyes became fierce and more determined!

Prince Anders has been silent after he heard his brother's reply. He also does not know what to do. He usually plays safe... He would borrow other people's knives to strike his adversaries...  He would start a fire and then withdraw safely in the corner to watch his enemies kill each other... That's his game... his expertise... and his preference!

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

FOLLOW to encourage the author.

VOTE to support the novel.

COMMENT to share your thoughts.

© 2021 Jezel Mandin Sapata-Gentiles. All Rights Reserved